WRITESPIRATION #127 52 WEEKS IN 52 WORDS WEEK 32 – A Streaky Sky

Sacha’s prompt this week for her #Writespiration challenge:

A streaky sky

Your challenge is to write your story using the weekly theme/prompt and write it in just 52 words…. EXACTLY, no more, no less.

writespiration-2017

Dappled with the colours of the sunset, the sky looked beautiful tonight, Reena thought. She got ready for dinner. Tonight, finally, she would tell him the good news.

Returning from the bathroom, the streaky sky took on another meaning. Reminiscent of the streaks of blood gracing her panties. No longer good news.

Aug 11, 2017 @ 18:00:21

It is such a devastating experience to go through Sis, I know how hard it is. The euphoria then the despair.

2. Jane Dougherty
    Aug 10, 2017 @ 10:53:33

Been there too. Suddenly everything drops into a big black hole.

Aug 09, 2017 @ 23:27:01

Oh no… it is so hard how quickly happiness can turn into such sadness 😢

Aug 09, 2017 @ 23:04:42

So sad Sis. 🌹💜💜💜

5. charlypriest
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 22:09:04

Ritu, you know I likke to read you, but I bet you haven’t heard a word of the last post or any others really, still love ya

6. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 18:58:39

Creative and poignant expression of the prompt, Ritu.

7. Becca Barracuda
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 17:51:51

You really have a way with words Ritu. In just 52 words I was smiling, and then devastated. I see from your comments that you’ve experienced this yourself, and I’m so sorry. As I approach the time in my life where I want to start my family, I’ve learned of so many people that have had miscarriages, but I never knew. It’s a beautiful and scary thing to share, and my heart goes out to you and all the angel moms out there.

Aug 09, 2017 @ 18:16:01

Thank you Becca. It was a tough time. I have two beautiful children to show for my childbearing struggles but the two that now shine in the sky will always be remembered.
      Reading a book about trying to conceive and it triggered all sorts of memories and this piece of prose..

Aug 09, 2017 @ 15:22:48

Poignant twist Sister..

9. pensitivity101
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 10:06:10

Been there too. Just not meant to be.

10. ladyleemanila