One Liner Wednesday – #1LinerWeds –

“Bring on the crying!” – Ritu

For Linda’s #1LinerWeds challenge.

Today, we will have the nursery (kindergarten) children in for an hour sans parents.

I think I should pack earplugs. There is bound to be a certain amount of screaming/crying/tantrums, as the children are left with us for the first time… and that’s just the parents! 😉

But seriously, yesterday was not too bad: one crier in the morning and one in the afternoon. There are some special needs children who we have to watch out for – that’ll be interesting!

Language as always will be an issue – English (obviously), Polish, Slovakian, Hungarian, Turkish, Lithuanian, Punjabi, Urdu – those are the ones I can remember off hand!

But I’m ready!

And nest week I take responsibility of the Reception class for two days a week too.. May be slightly more frazzled then!

Have a Happy Hump Day Peeps!

Sep 06, 2017 @ 21:59:37

Good luck Sis 💖🤗💜💖

2. JoAnna
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 20:33:54

If my kids cried too long, I’d either cry with them or turn it into singing. They didn’t always like it, but it helped me.

Sep 06, 2017 @ 14:50:32

Happy humpday Sister!!

4. Frank Hubeny
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 14:31:36

Even the parents are doing the crying!

5. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 14:28:28

And now i am understanding why integration of foreign people in Germany is such a big problem. Most of our elementary school teachers – i have some friends there – are not able to speak or understand the english language. Of our politicians we do not speak at all. LOL

6. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 14:23:42

A Reception class with so many languages. Who is teaching whom? LOL Wish you a great time. And children from nursery without parents? OMG. Michael

7. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 14:21:55

Sep 06, 2017 @ 13:34:04

Wow, you are truly all over the place with your obligations now. Amazing how many insights you get with this!

9. Jennie
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 13:24:34

Sounds like a good first day, Ritu. So many languages!! What is a Reception class?

10. IreneDesign2011
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 12:59:50

You seem to get some challenges, Ritu 🙂
    I found it necessary to learn some words of the foreign languages, while I educated. This helped so much both parts.

11. Chris White
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 12:33:03

Have fun in many languages. 😁🌹

12. Dan Antion
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 11:48:11

I’m sure the parents are relieved to know they’re leaving their children in your care. Good luck with the criers (we seem to find those at every age level, even in the workplace).

13. bikerchick57
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 11:41:33

I agree with scskillman. Your job is so challenging, but I bet it’s also very rewarding when the crying stops and you get to see the little faces smiling.

14. scskillman
    Sep 06, 2017 @ 08:57:39

Your job is fascinating and challenging, Ritu. I work part time as administrator in a church office and we hire out our premises to Bright Sparks PreSchool every morning. I am so impressed with the preschool teachers, as they lead the children to the loos, keeping them in line, dealing with their behaviour, encouraging and guiding and chatting with them, all with firmness, gentleness and kindness. It is a tremendous gift being a preschool teacher and working with young children. And for you with the language challenges as well…(and writing your novel and looking after your family for the rest of your time) you have my huge admiration!

Sep 06, 2017 @ 17:24:09

Thank you sooo much 😍 I love teaching the early years. I’ve always said I want to help build a positive foundation so a child loves to learn 💗