V International Flash Fiction Competition – $20,000 prize!

There is a new Flash Fiction competition…a V International one… run by

Fundación César Egido Serrano

1. The 5th Edition of the International Prize for Micro-Stories is organized by the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
  2. Writers from anywhere in the world may participate.
  3. Originals whose theme will be free (two per author, maximum) will be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew.
  4. An overall first prize of 20,000 dollars is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest.
  5. Three prizes of $ 1,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that are not winners of the main prize.
  6. The stories cannot exceed 100 words. They will be sent exclusively by completing the online form that will be found on the website of the Foundation: http://www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc…) and must not been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
  7. The deadline for submission of originals will end at 24h (Spanish peninsular time) of the International Day of the Word as a Bond of Humankind (motto of the Foundation), on November 23rd, 2017.
  8. The jury will make a selection of the finalists it deems appropriate. The list of finalist titles will be published on the website of the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
  9. The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the right to publish the finalist stories.
  10. The decision of the jury will be final.
  11. The registration in this contest is an agreement in the total acceptance of its rules.
  12. Texts that do not comply with any of the rules will be disqualified.

Please click below for the participation form!

And if you do, use this code – 49224 –  at the bottom of the form!

via Participation form

1. Jane Binner
    Mar 07, 2018 @ 18:16:41

Hello … I think the winners are not scheduled to be announced until ‘early spring’ however I got an email a few weeks ago with a certificate appointing me this year’s “Ambassador of the Spanish language in your country” … does this mean I’m a finalist? Or is this a consolation? Anyone know? I found one other person who got this same appointment in Nigeria. 172 countries participated so I assume no more than 172 of these went out, but my piece was in English.
    Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

2. Andrea Karen
    Nov 23, 2017 @ 18:53:43

I submitted my story yesterday, but I stll haven’t got a confirmation email. I send the same story again but still haven’t got a reply. Did anyone else face the same problem or will I be getting it later? 😐😐

3. Writtika
    Nov 19, 2017 @ 15:00:55

Hi Ma’am,

I submitted an entry this morning and I was wondering if you received any confirmation email or anything after the submit because I haven’t. Should I be worried? 😛

4. Hugh's Views and News
    Nov 12, 2017 @ 15:34:38

Thanks so sharing this, Ritu. I’m definitely going to give it a go. 😀

5. Don Massenzio
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 11:29:23

Reblogged this on Author Don Massenzio and commented:

Check out this international flash fiction competition. Details are on this post from the But I Smile Anyway blog.

6. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 10:36:17

Reblogged this on Die Erste Eslarner Zeitung – Aus und über Eslarn, sowie die bayerisch-tschechische Region! and commented:

Wonderful information from Ritu! A “must read”!!!!!!

7. Adele Marie
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 08:12:38

Reblogged this on firefly465.

Nov 08, 2017 @ 01:42:18

Thank you for sharing Sister!

9. mistybooks
    Nov 07, 2017 @ 20:10:04

Ooh! I’ll give that a go, thanks Ritu 😀

10. Lisa A.
    Nov 07, 2017 @ 20:02:28

This is cool, Ritu! So, it only has to be 100 words??

Nov 07, 2017 @ 19:55:59

Hmm, sounds interesting, sis! I will think about it. It is the busiest time right now…. but… I love this… lol!

12. Shivangi
    Nov 07, 2017 @ 19:35:14

I did come across this one Ritu. They also sent me a mail promoting it. I hope more people participate and win😀💐