Flash Fiction Challenge – Five A Day #CarrotRanch #FlashFiction @Charli_Mills

I’m taking a chance on one of Charli’s 99-word prompts over at The Carrot Ranch!

November 23, 2017 prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story about Five a Day. It does not have to be five servings of fruits and vegetables. What is needed five times a day? Have fun with what pops to mind for the prompt.

Here’s my take!

Five-A-Day

“Five?”
“Yes sir, five.”
“So, Doctor, I have to take five of these little beauties a day?”
“That’s right. Five of these golden capsules every day.”
“Wouldn’t it be easier for me to just move to a country full of sunshine?”
“If only it was that easy, Mr James.”
“Wow! Shake me and I’ll rattle!”
Jack laughed to himself as he left the surgery with his prescription.
Another addition to his daily cocktail of pills. Vitamin D3.
Sat behind a desk all day, earning good money but not seeing daylight, meant losing his health instead…
The price we pay…

1. Trackback: Five A Day « Carrot Ranch Literary Community
  2. Charli Mills
    Nov 30, 2017 @ 01:20:51

Oh, yes, the vit D! Having lived in northern climes for nearly 30 years I know all about Sunshine’s Little Helper. Great flash, Ritu!

3. reocochran
    Nov 25, 2017 @ 13:08:08

Sunshine in a bottle. . .hmmmm! I think it is good to take your lunch outside or try to walk for ten minutes in a courtyard at work. . 🌞 Great use of prompt and your writing is great, too!

Nov 24, 2017 @ 20:53:55

I love your take on this Sis, and your message too. 🙂

5. Frank Hubeny
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 19:14:07

We need that vitamin D.

6. Michael
    Nov 23, 2017 @ 22:13:19

My dr told me years ago that even though we live in a sunny country most of us stay out of the sun so our Vit D is always deficient. Hence like your character I too take Vit D3 each day.

Nov 23, 2017 @ 19:43:37

I got three shots of vitamin D between July and September. I was always outside during the warm season… weeding, mowing, enjoying my garden. I never knew a lack of vitamin D. It made me think when they told me….

8. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Nov 23, 2017 @ 17:00:50

Something for all of us to seriously consider!

Nov 23, 2017 @ 15:28:09

This is really a good message Sister!

10. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Nov 23, 2017 @ 11:23:22

11. Trackback: Flash Fiction Challenge – Five A Daay #CarrotRanch #FlashFiction @Charli_Mills | Graeme Sandford