One-Liner Wednesday – #1LinerWeds – Migraine

“All I want is blackness. Blackness and silence.” – Sylvia Plath

Can’t believe the Migraine Fairy hit again last night… It’s getting to be a regular occurrence…

Can’t be having this thing disrupting my holidays, or my writing time.

I’ve woken up with a migraine hangover now… that slight dull ache between the eyes, but I can function.

I’m off to the GP today to see if we can get a clue as to why I’m getting them so regularly all of a sudden…

Be gone you damned ache!

For Linda’s #1LinerWeds Challenge. (But a lot more than one line!!!)

1. Jennie
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 22:04:31

Oh, no! Perfect for the one liner, but not for you!! Hope your GP can find you some relief, Ritu.

2. joey
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 01:40:19

Sorry about the migraine, but it IS a great quote.

Apr 11, 2018 @ 21:35:44

Get better Hun💜💜

4. scr4pl80
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 18:07:38

I know migraine hangover too. I call it “headache head.”

5. scr4pl80
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 18:06:22

I used to get migraines too and all I wanted to do was lay in bed with two cold herb pillows, one on my forehead and one behind my neck. I’d wrap my arms around my head and try to squeeze it together. That and some vicodin would usually do the trick. Mine were definitely associated with stress and my menses and they started after my first pregnancy. Fortunately I don’t get them as much anymore (post menopause and less stressful life I guess).

6. JoAnna
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 16:02:15

Dark colors and quiet can be comforting. I hope you’re feeling better and can enjoy a little color and soft music.

7. Frank Hubeny
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 13:50:53

Hope you’re feeling better.

Apr 11, 2018 @ 13:01:43

I am sorry, you are suffering from a migraine again. Depending on the weather I am having it daily for weeks… so, hang in there. Wish you to get better soon.

9. sheldonk2014
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 12:49:07

I get them I am getting a round of shots
    Not fun but better than the headaches

10. Melissa ❤️🙂🌴
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 12:46:19

Oh dear! Sending healing vibes your way.

Apr 11, 2018 @ 12:38:37

Hope you get some answers Sister! 🤗

12. Teagan R. Geneviene
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 12:30:01

I’m so sorry, Ritu. I get them… and I understand. While I’ve found no miracle cure, one thing that sometimes gives me a little relief (if you’re like me, you’ll take any little bit of relief)… I get 2 “sport balls” (slightly smaller than tennis balls, but tennis balls will do), put them in a sock to keep them in place, then put that so that each ball is in one of those 2 hollow spots at the base of your skull — and lay that way for a few minutes. It’s not a cure but…
    Hugs.

13. Dan Antion
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 11:34:00

I hope you feel better and I hope they can figure this out and help you, Ritu.

14. bikerchick57
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 10:33:30

I hope you feel better soon, Ritu. Hugs!

15. Claire Saul (PainPalsBlog)
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 10:03:45

Feel better, Ritu! We all get them, and my 19 year old is on reg meds now having missed so much of his upper 6th. With us it is related to our connective tissue EDS, but have always found hormones affect me…..several times a week I get the whole aura, with strange smells, numb lips etc…..ask your GP about the nasal spray (sumatriptan) C x

Apr 11, 2018 @ 10:10:23

I will do… the last time it was connected to my contraceptive pill so we changed that. It seemed to help but that was around 2 years ago.
      I’m limited on what I can take as a PCOS sufferer…
      Let’s see what the GP says today. Xx

16. Eric Klingenberg
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 08:42:22

I do feel for you. Both my my and youngest step son get them, both have medication for it, I hope the GP can help you out.

17. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 08:15:24

18. manyofus1980
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 08:03:38

Ouch! I hope you can figure out why you keep getting them! keep us posted!