SIPB SUMMER BLOG TAG

Here’s a fun little tag set by a great little FB group I am a member of, Sharing, Inspiring, Promoting Bloggers. Read Amelia’s, Esme’s and Rachael’s too!

They have put forward 10 questions to answer about ourselves, just a little ‘get to know you’ kinda thing, and I do like these kinds of tags!

My answers…

1. What is your favourite Summer holiday destination? I don’t have a specific place to be, to be honest. Just getting the chance to relax is the best, wherever I am!
  2. What is your favourite childhood memory of Summer? I loved spending my summers in Kenya, with my family out there, carefree, enjoying life, visiting various amazing places while I was there!
  3. Which do you prefer: ice-cream or frozen yoghurt? It’s got to be ice cream, but at the moment, if I get a frozen delight it has to be low carb, and low sugar, so Keto friendly ice pops made from cream cheese, and fruit are refreshing, and so are sorbets!
  4. What is your go-to dinner on a hot Summer evening? A nice big salad with grilled meat of some sort!
  5. What is your favourite BBQ food? I love to make chicken kebabs with vegetables, smothered in oyster sauce, yum!
  6. Share a song that takes you back to an amazing Summer. Killing ME Softly by the Fugees. 1996. I was going to be starting my last year at university and it was an awesome summer!
  7. How do you beat the heat in the Summer? I stay in where possible, wear minimal clothing, unless I have to look decent, drink lots of fluids, have a fan on, and sleep with just a sheet.
  8. Do you prefer swimming in the ocean or a pool? I like to swim in a pool, but I enjoy paddling and splashing in the ocean!
  9. Do you prefer to travel with family, friends or solo? I think there’s a place for all! I love my family trips, creating memories with young and old, I love to go away with friends, as there’s a different sort of joy you can have with your buddies. I’ve never travelled alone, but I’d like to try, as I think the beauty of choosing what you want to d whenever you want could be really freeing!
  10. Flip-flops or barefoot? I am a total boho barefoot babe where I can be! I love the feeling of grass, sand etc under my feet!

Here are the questions if you fancy a go!

1. What is your favourite Summer holiday destination?
  2. What is your favourite childhood memory of Summer?
  3. Which do you prefer: ice-cream or frozen yoghurt?
  4. What is your go-to dinner on a hot Summer evening?
  5. What is your favourite BBQ food?
  6. Share a song that takes you back to an amazing Summer
  7. How do you beat the heat in the Summer?
  8. Do you prefer swimming in the ocean or a pool?
  9. Do you prefer to travel with family, friends or solo?
  10. Flip-flops or barefoot?

1. Laura
    Aug 12, 2018 @ 17:33:05

I remember “Killing Me Softly” that summer, too! Funny, the kids had friends at the lake on Friday and the latest cover came on — my daughter’s friend exclaimed “oh, I love this song!” and I had to smile…so many years of people loving that one.

2. OIKOSโ„ข-Redaktion
    Aug 12, 2018 @ 15:39:32

Love you answers, with barefoot, pool and ice-cream too. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a good next week, enjoy the rest of Sunday. Michael

3. joey
    Aug 12, 2018 @ 14:38:36

Yaaass, boho barefoot babe all the way!
    I also agree about salad and just being able to relax ๐Ÿ™‚

Aug 12, 2018 @ 11:07:20

Good answers Sis ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

5. rachaelstray
    Aug 12, 2018 @ 10:01:24

Aw I bet Kenya was amazing! Thanks for sharing a link to my post too ๐Ÿ˜Š

6. Rae Longest
    Aug 12, 2018 @ 00:54:38

I love the tag. Will post my answers tomorrow on powerfulwomenreaders.wordpress.com You’ll find I totally agree with you on the first question…I’m done with my traveling days, and spent many years going “home” to Virginia from our chosen home, Texas. Now that there is no family left there, we have made Texas “home” and are enjoying entertaining other friends and our family in our home who wish to see the area.

Aug 11, 2018 @ 19:00:19

That’s a lovely challenge. I am absolute with you for the summer dinner! I love a good salad with a piece of meat.

8. MANSOOR
    Aug 11, 2018 @ 18:42:55

I like the song Killing Me Softly,, very nice work… i love it

9. scr4pl80
    Aug 11, 2018 @ 18:09:08

I love the song Killing Me Softly but I had not heard it by the Fugees before, my version was the old one by Roberta Flack. This looks like a fun project and I may try it too! Thanks for sharing.

10. Jacquie Biggar
    Aug 11, 2018 @ 17:33:21

I bet Kenya is amazing! Are you diabetic, Ritu? My grandson is type 1. It’s a tough disease to manage.

Aug 11, 2018 @ 17:44:25

Oh Kenya is beautiful..my only regret is I haven’t taken the kids yet!
      I’m not diabetic, no.
      My parents have both been diagnosed as mild type 2 diabetics in their golden years. I am too much of a sugarholic so I need to do something to curb that sugar cravings for my own future heath!

11. pranabaxom
    Aug 11, 2018 @ 17:31:40

Travelling alone has a different kind of charm. Last fall I drove around alone in eastern US and Canada and thoroughly enjoyed. No hurry, no time constraint, no agenda. Alas, no money made me cut short the journey๐Ÿ˜ข

12. Madekesiworld
    Aug 11, 2018 @ 17:18:31

Wow! And the beautiful Ritu mentions my country! Feel proud…

Aug 11, 2018 @ 15:55:28

This is lovely, Ritu. Killing me softly is a song I also enjoy a great deal.

14. dearanonymousfriend
    Aug 11, 2018 @ 15:45:23

wonderful! Okay, I really have to get on this today!!

15. EsmeSalon (@EsmeSalon)
    Aug 11, 2018 @ 15:44:49

WOW – Thank you so much Ritu, You’re super fast. Just love it and will RT. Remember to add your link in the thread on the group for all the others to read and enjoy.