SoCS April 16/16 – No.

For Linda’s prompt, click here.

socs-badge-2015

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “no.”  Try to think of a specific number, as “no.” is often used as an abbreviation for “number,” and write about it. Or, use it as a word. Have fun!

Lucky No…

My lucky number

Or is it No. 3?

Possibly 8, 20, 29…

The list goes on…

Dates that are important to me become my lucky numbers.

No. 13 – now, isn’t that meant to be unlucky? Even that I find luck in, as our festival of Vaisakhi falls on 13th April!

In fact I need to get ready now, we have a huge procession and fair today to celebrate! The whole if our town comes out, no mater what colour or creed, to celebrate with us!

Really, if I sat down and thought about it, I could probably find ‘luck’ in almost every number!

What is your Lucky No.?

1. KG
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 10:58:57

I always find 1 to be very atractive 😉

2. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 22:32:55

Number 8 is my favorite. Fun post, Ritu! 🙂

3. dalecooper57
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 10:26:11

42: It’s the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything, there has to be some luck in amongst that lot, somewhere.

4. R. Todd
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 03:57:47

Always 2.

5. LindaGHill
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 02:08:15

Or really any number that adds up to 11. I have no idea why. 😛

6. wendyj59
    Apr 17, 2016 @ 09:20:30

Don’t think I have a lucky no. Things can be so random. Hope you enjoyed your celebrations

Apr 17, 2016 @ 09:24:02

They were colourful and lovely thank you Wendy… but very cold!
      We’ve woken to a sunny day today… weather which would have been nicer, but it didn’t rain so that is great!!!

7. joey
    Apr 16, 2016 @ 17:52:29

I’ve always liked four. And yellow. Yellow number four is perfect. Dunno why, just always has been.

8. 'Legato.'
    Apr 16, 2016 @ 16:44:46

master #11, perhaps for its’ historic relation to Neptune. (I liked listening to ‘The Neptunes’ growing up, lol!)

9. vanbytheriver
    Apr 16, 2016 @ 13:58:49

The numbers 7 and 11 come up in my life so very often. ☺ Too bad, I don’t play the lottery.

10. Teagan Geneviene
    Apr 16, 2016 @ 12:57:12

Hi Ritu. That’s a fun take on the prompt. I love writing the unexpected. Hugs.

Apr 16, 2016 @ 09:30:38

It is true, each number has something. But it was funny to see the first number you mentioned. The numbers that show up the most in my life are 7 and 17. High five, sis! Happy celebrations!!!

12. Marquessa
    Apr 16, 2016 @ 07:52:13

10…as in perfect 10!

13. Ompong
    Apr 16, 2016 @ 07:47:23

Most people I know find “8” as a lucky number because it represents infinity… Most car plate numbers I see on our roads has the number 8 at the end too. 🙂

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

So Many Mistakes

a guide to bad dating

From Michigan to Germany

A family from Michigan living abroad in Germany.

Rachael's thoughts...

On tips and tools for working in PR, living in the North East and much more.

The Inspirational Warrior

Blogging about little things we can do to Improve our Mental Health and our Financial Health

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.