#SoCS June 25/16 – Drink

For Linda Hill’s SoCS Challenge.

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “drink.” Use it as a noun or a verb. Have fun!

SoCS badge 2015

I’m not really a drinker. I’ve got older, and the pull to drink has pretty much disappeared.

I’m no angel, I’ve tried my fair share of alcoholic beverages. I have experienced the feeling of being drunk (sorry Pops and Mum!), being merry, tipsy in a giggly way, to possibly a little more!

And now I’m at this age, I always thought that I could be mature enough to enjoy a glass of wine to ease stresses, if need be. Well, to be honest, I have never really felt that need, and if I was to have a drink, it would probably just put me to sleep, rather than relax me! I am usually too tired to contemplate a drink of the intoxicating variety! If I was to drink, I would want to enjoy the feeling, not curl up in bed!

My drink of choice would be a hot chocolate with whippy cream to be honest!!! (No wonder I have put on weight!)

1. Lisa A.
    Jun 27, 2016 @ 14:50:25

I don’t like anything warm to drink unless I’m sick or freezing. I can’t really drink a bottle of wine by myself anymore but… I enjoy a glass or two to relax and wind down. I also like beer and mixed drinks. I’ve been drunk to the point where I pass out but that’s no bueno! Lol. I’m just a social/relaxed drinker now. 🍷🍹🍺🍾🍸

2. Courtney - Maui Jungalow
    Jun 27, 2016 @ 02:19:36

Lately, my favorite evening drink is something that is healthy. OH my. It’s a tea that helps my health, a combo of cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom, which are fairly common kitchen spices except for cardamom + a little raw honey. It’s warming and soothing and eases any sugar cravings too.

3. LindaGHill
    Jun 26, 2016 @ 17:19:23

Hot chocolate and whipped cream on a cold day – my favourite comfort food! 😀

4. Bun Karyudo
    Jun 26, 2016 @ 05:50:49

My drink of choice has also changed over the years. At the moment, it’s probably a Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino. Of course, I have to save for about six months before I can afford to buy one.

Jun 25, 2016 @ 19:32:46

You and me both Sis! We are a couple of cheap dates at least! 🙂

6. freyathewriter
    Jun 25, 2016 @ 17:43:11

It sounds like you know what you enjoy drinking – it doesn’t matter if it’s not ‘grown-up’ alcohol! I don’t really enjoy all those fancy cocktails. If alcohol is my drink of choice, then I enjoy a glass or two of red wine, or maybe a really nice whiskey or brandy. But a nice cup of tea is always a winner – oh, and coffee 😉

Jun 25, 2016 @ 14:25:55

yum!

8. jacquelineobyikocha
    Jun 25, 2016 @ 11:29:59

I love hot chocolate with whipped cream. I think I have to leave this page fast so I don’t think too much about it 😄

Jun 25, 2016 @ 11:22:40

Right, it should be to enjoy not to use it as an amnesia medication or whatever. I have never been drunk but I am not interesting to find it out either… lol! So when I notice that this little “light” feeling kicks in. I stop immediately.

10. Shadeau
    Jun 25, 2016 @ 07:51:37

Hot chocolate is very yummy!!! And I’ve been known to add a bit of rum to it on cold winter nights…just a thought 🙂 (Otherwise, I’m not a drinker–it always sounds better than it really is; like Margaritas–love ’em, but not the hideous headache that comes on an hour later.)