#SoCS Aug. 20/16 – Date

Saturday is here which means it is time to look at Linda’s SoCS prompt!

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “date.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!

socsbadge2016-17

Date – It’s a heck of a long time since we went on a date. Having kids means that wanting to go out on a date means planning with military precision, with regards to childcare, where we are going, how far we go…

It isn’t often but we sometimes have the kids staying over at their grandparents for the night.

Now you’d think that was the perfect time for a date.. but usually we are so tired we end up staying at home, and the TV and a takeaway is the extent of our date… and inevitably, I go upstairs much earlier, and flake out before Hubby Dearest even gets to bed!

The last time we had a real date, hearts ‘n’ flowers and all, was my 39th birthday. He planned a most excellent weekend for us, a posh hotel up in London, a trip to the theatre to see ‘Thriller’, dinner at a restaurant we used to go to before getting married, and drinks at some of our old haunts in Leicester Square. The night at the hotel was lovely, not interrupted by kids, as they were at their grandparents, and there was a HUGE breakfast to eat the next morning, delivered to our room.  Hubby had surpassed himself 🙂

Hmm…. It’s my birthday again in 2 weeks… 41… maybe we will get another date night fixed for then, just before term, and school madness starts!

Happy Saturday Peeps!

Aug 20, 2016 @ 23:09:02

Hope you and Hubby dearest (so cool) get that date night in!

Aug 20, 2016 @ 22:08:54

Quality time even at home can be a date night!!

3. Laura
    Aug 20, 2016 @ 17:21:19

I like those big date nights, but sometimes the easygoing ones are just what I need. Running to a movie to share some popcorn. Putting the kids to bed and snuggling up on the couch to watch Netflix. Shoot, just watching a dvd and getting to sleep in the next day has qualified as a “date night” for me. It’s all good!

4. jacquelineobyikocha
    Aug 20, 2016 @ 16:49:50

I just know what you mean. Fitting in a date with parenting is tough. Hope you get that lovely date night soon 🙂

5. joey
    Aug 20, 2016 @ 16:34:20

Yes, it’s like that a lot, isn’t it? Sometimes we send the kids to grandparents and sometimes they go to sleepovers and sometimes we’re too tired to make the most of it!

6. Southern by Design
    Aug 20, 2016 @ 13:11:57

When my guys were younger it was the same. Now we have teens we have thee ability to just go. It gets easier, just hang in there! If you want to check out my post- https://sbdmb.wordpress.com/2016/08/20/the-missed-date-socs/

Aug 20, 2016 @ 13:07:51

When the kids were small I did not bother about dates. I love it to enjoy my cozy home and family! I enjoyed it much more watching movies at home or in Summer sitting outside and enjoying the warm summer nights and the night sky! I hope you get a date on your birthday…. I believe so 😉

8. Judy Martin
    Aug 20, 2016 @ 11:20:24

I know that when my daughter stays out overnight we also end up slobbing out at home!
    Hope you get your date night again soon Sis. The one in London sounded lovely 🙂

9. Eric Klingenberg
    Aug 20, 2016 @ 09:52:11

I know that pain fitting in a date. In theory we have a built in baby sitter now the oldest is 16 but because he has epilepsy it s hard to leave him on his own. Grandparents live too far away. We did manage a night away at a local hotel leaving my 27 year old foster son in charge. They didn’t burn down the flat with us away.