Ritu’s Healthy Eating – Week 19 – #icandothis

wp-1477781949515.png

Another week… will it be another lb?

The countdown to Christmas is on… there have been lots of naughty things being baked/consumed, but hey, it IS Christmas, Syns forgiven, and all that!

So that’s Nutella Tree, Chocolate Croissants, and homemade chocolate dipped cookies… Oops!

And not including the School Christmas Lunch we had, Turkey with all the trimmings… the first of several which I’ll be consuming over the next couple of weeks!

But I was good too!

And how did I do when I stepped on those scales? My only wish was that I had at least maintained last week’s weight… it was inevitable, though, a gain was due…

And I actually lost 0.5lb!

2016-12-16_07-00-31

Surprised was not the word!

So that is 19.5lb of on Slimming World, and 24.5lb in total since I began this journey!

I have nibbled on several treats all day… they are everywhere and it is far too tempting!

This week, my in-laws will be back from the Motherland too, so hopefully it won’t end up being me eating a lot of lovely home cooked meals, that aren’t exactly SW friendly!

And it is our staff Christmas party on Wednesday… I can’t guarantee a result like this week, but I can at least try to be good!

Have a wonderful treat filled week Peeps!!!

1. Vashti Quiroz-Vega
    Dec 20, 2016 @ 21:44:28

I can completely relate with your struggle. Ha, ha! Goodies E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E and I’m trying to watch my weight. I’m trying to balance things out with exercise and so far it’s working for me. Congrats on keeping the weight off and actually losing! 😮 I know how hard it is.

Dec 20, 2016 @ 22:10:11

Thank you!!! I was totally naughty today. Ate a great breakfast then we had 2 class chrismas parties… somehow several handfuls of crisps 3 small sandwiches and a cupcake passed my lips… oops!
      But I was full from the first party and naughty snacking so I only ate fruit at lunch.
      Then sneaky snacking in the afternoon again…
      So dinner is now what I planned for lunch. Cheese toast and beans. An on plan meal!
      Tomorrow will be hard though… it’s the staff Christmas party!! Eek! Full Christmas dinner with starter and dessert buffet… think I may just overindulge!!!

Dec 18, 2016 @ 14:42:03

Well done Ritu! I am so impressed that you are managing to eat some treats yet maintain the weight loss. That is brilliant xx

3. joey
    Dec 17, 2016 @ 20:49:20

Clearly you were busy enough to burn off your yummy treats! 🙂

Dec 17, 2016 @ 20:03:15

Whoo hoo!!

5. Becky Ellis
    Dec 17, 2016 @ 16:34:16

Congratulations on your success! I recently discovered “avocado toast” and it’s a good way to eat salad without having to make a salad: Toast slices of French or Italian bread, spread ripe avocado (fairly thick) on the toast, top with thin slices of fresh tomato and arugula and freshly cracked black pepper. You can put anything you want on the toast such as pickled radishes, fresh basil, a little grated cheese…enjoy!

Dec 17, 2016 @ 16:37:58

Thank you Becky! I do love avocado but it’s quite highly synned on Slimming World… so a treat at best!!! 😚 but I shall try this!!!

Dec 17, 2016 @ 13:05:39

You were disciplined enough to get such results, Sis! So it is Christmas after all and we all gain weight around this time…. don’t worry, enjoy!!!

7. oceanoffear
    Dec 17, 2016 @ 11:53:24

Well done on the great progress! Also do you have a recipe for the nutella tree thing, it looks so good

8. Hugh's Views and News
    Dec 17, 2016 @ 09:55:57

Wow! You’re going to have to give us your secret to losing weight during such a tempting week, Ritu. That’s amazing. Very well done.

9. New Journey
    Dec 17, 2016 @ 02:59:28

your doing wonderful…really enjoy your pictures on Instagram….you give me strength and encouragement…..xxkat

10. pranabaxom
    Dec 16, 2016 @ 23:21:35

Are you sure you did not have your coat on?

11. LydiaA1614
    Dec 16, 2016 @ 23:21:32

Congrats Ritu! You are doing so much better than I!