‘Once Upon A Dream’-FFF 37

I am so excited that Matt The Book Blogger is back with his Flash Fiction Foray Challenge!

Neon Music Sign

For those of you who haven’t seen this challenge before, Matt chooses a song, fro which we are to gain inspiration, be it from the title, lyrics or music, and write a flash fiction piece of no more than 100 words.

(Though he is being a little lenient, if you go over he won’t bite!)

This week Matt has chosen Lana Del Ray ad Once Upon A Dream, from the recent Maleficent soundtrack.

I remember the original version, all sweetness and light… this has a haunting, almost disjointed quality about it….

And so to our Flash Fiction piece…

He watched from behind his paper… she ran about, larking with her friends. She looked exactly as he had imagined. Somehow he had to get nearer to her, let her know who he was. Getting up, he tried to saunter over towards her casually.
She was running towards him, looking behind her, and careered into him.
“Oh, sorry!” she said.
“No problem,” he replied, and smiled.
She disappeared back to her friends, but not before looking back at him.
There was something familiar about his face… she had seen him somewhere before… Or had she been dreaming again?

I hope you enjoyed it! (Matt I hope it was worth it!)

1. curtisbausse
    Apr 19, 2017 @ 17:26:07

Nice one, Ritu! Good to be back, though I didn’t manage it this time. Maybe next…

2. Trackback: Flash Fiction Foray – ‘Once Upon A Dream’ – The Book Blogger
  3. sheldonk2014
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 22:16:39

Simply beautiful Ritu

4. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 22:00:02

Beautiful, Ritu! 🙂

5. dornahainds
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 15:20:33

Fabulous!

6. thebookblogger2014
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 10:07:17

I really loved the way you mixed elements of the original music video alongside an updated story – thanks for taking part!

Apr 12, 2017 @ 06:42:18

Sometimes it is not a dream that comes true but a reality to be of which we were reminded in our dreams. Magical story, sis. Lana Del Rey’s version is really a bit…. haunting! I don’t know how often I sang this song for and with my daughter when she was little. Such sweet memories. Thank you for that, Sis!

Apr 12, 2017 @ 05:58:26

Oh, I love this song, Ritu.

Apr 12, 2017 @ 05:01:12

Nice Sister! “A happily ever after” in the making!

10. ladyleemanila
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 02:43:55

a lovely tale, Ritu 🙂

11. Nina
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 00:06:09

Sleeping beauty is my fairy tale because I only had to choose between her, Cinderella and Snow White…no Belle yet during my childhood! LOL! 😁

Nice short story. Reminded me of my adolescent days hehehe! 😊

12. vanbytheriver
    Apr 11, 2017 @ 22:53:15

Nice. And I like this song. My daughter did this solo in a high school Disney concert. I had no idea she could reach those notes.