‘New World Coming’-FFF 38

Matt’s Flash Fiction Foray Challenge this week…

Neon Music Sign

This week’s edition will be on (drumroll please)… Benjamin Wallfisch & Disa’s New World Coming, as suggested by Julie. Feel free to base responses of anything to do with the song, I always enjoy any different takes! If you want to read previous challenges and responses, click here.

You are to write a flash fiction piece of 100 words, but if you go a little over, Matt doesn’t mind!

“People always thought I was the boring one, incapable of doing anything interesting. But I’m about to change that. There’s a new world coming,” Jane murmured, “a new way of thinking, a new set of rules to play by. Life is going to be totally different.”
She was going to take on a whole new role in this unknown world.
What adventures lay ahead?
Slowly she looked down, and smoothed her hand over her expanding stomach.
“And it’s all because of you, little one, the new voice soon to enter into my world, and turn it upside down.”

And as a little aside, I reviewed both the Books and Movie here!

1. kritsayvonne
    Apr 25, 2017 @ 15:52:54

Good to see the flash fiction again. A baby must certainly be the ultimate optimistic experience. x

2. curtisbausse
    Apr 25, 2017 @ 08:59:30

A lovely piece, Ritu. They certainly do turn the world upside down!

3. calensariel
    Apr 25, 2017 @ 03:02:40

What a beautifully tender piece. Would never have thought to go there. Lovely.

Calen~

4. Trackback: Flash Fiction Foray-‘New World Coming’ – The Book Blogger
    Apr 20, 2017 @ 19:02:59

I love this take Sis. A beautiful new beginning 🙂

6. The Indecisive Eejit
    Apr 19, 2017 @ 23:53:10

Oh Ritu this could have been me at the start of 2017, only my expanding stomach was excessive eating and my new world fell by the wayside because I have the will power of a gnat!!

Great take though, as always. That sense of a new beginning must be awesome 🙂

7. thebookblogger2014
    Apr 19, 2017 @ 09:08:44

I loved the optimistic tone of your piece, it really connected with the lyrics of the song. Thanks for taking part!

Best wishes, Matt

Apr 19, 2017 @ 07:23:31

Oh, it is very lovely, sis 😍