‘Young and Menace’- #FFF 40

Matt The Book Blogger is back with his prompt for this week’s Flash Fiction Foray, or #FFF.

This week’s edition will be on (drumroll please)… Fall Out Boy’s new song Young and Menace. This is quite a different song from the last few weeks; but I couldn’t help loving the bass drop – make sure to turn up the volume… Feel free to base responses of anything to do with the song, I always enjoy any different takes!

Another song I hadn’t heard before. Eerie and the video was a strange one!!! Oh well, here’s what I came up with!

Sometimes I wonder if I was actually born into this family, or if there was a mix up at the hospital…
I look at you all, with your Dresden doll looks, all blonde hair and fair skin, and then check myself in the mirror.
My naturally sun-kissed skin, and curly chocolate brown locks are a race apart from you.
You like bland food, I want something with a kick.
You listen to Pop, all I want is Gangsta Rap coursing through my earphones…
Then I remember Grandpa… He was the same, wasn’t he? A bit of a misfit, like me.

Neon Music Sign

1. curtisbausse
    May 09, 2017 @ 16:18:27

A nice celebration of the way we’re all different!

2. Trackback: Flash Fiction Foray – ‘Young and Menace’ – The Book Blogger
  3. thebookblogger2014
    May 03, 2017 @ 21:02:20

Ooh I felt the influence of the music video in there! I particularly liked the descriptions and emphasis on the differences; along with the feeling that it’s what’s on the inside that counts! Thanks for taking part!

Best wishes, Matt

May 03, 2017 @ 17:10:28

I have 5 siblings and none of us look alike, nor dow we look like our parents. I am thinking the Milkman, the Baker, the Postman….!!!

5. Dean
    May 03, 2017 @ 11:27:39

This is my new favourite song! Fall Out Boy only released it last week and I’m already in love with it! Long time FOB fan here ^.^

May 02, 2017 @ 20:17:59

It is funny how some look so different although from the same family. My two older kids were dark blond and brown when they were little. But my youngest one was platinum blond for about 10 years. My youngest sister was also a blondie and us others were brown.

7. Ritu
    May 02, 2017 @ 19:52:41

8. Cory Melancon
    May 02, 2017 @ 19:43:49

Ooooh very good stuff Ritu

9. noellekelly
    May 02, 2017 @ 19:40:20

That’s great Ritu!! I must try out one of these!

The Bryntin Project

'Project' might infer more planning than actually takes place

Mint Tea and Elephants

Beach bum impersonating a writer.

Unseen beauty

A blind blogger's thoughts on beauty products, wellness, food and travel

Chi's Secret Diary

Diary of a not so young woman

Fightmsdaily

Living life with a chronic illness is definitely not easy. But I do my best to push through all the barriers this illness puts in front of me! In my heart and mind, I believe maintaining a positive outlook on all situations in life will carry us through to much better times! I hope you find the information that I provide both helpful and inspirational!

Rust Belt Girl

reading and writing the Rust Belt

Therapy Bits

Living life with dissociative identity disorder and complex ptsd