‘Young and Menace’- #FFF 40

Matt The Book Blogger is back with his prompt for this week’s Flash Fiction Foray, or #FFF.

This week’s edition will be on (drumroll please)… Fall Out Boy’s new song Young and Menace. This is quite a different song from the last few weeks; but I couldn’t help loving the bass drop – make sure to turn up the volume… Feel free to base responses of anything to do with the song, I always enjoy any different takes!

Another song I hadn’t heard before. Eerie and the video was a strange one!!! Oh well, here’s what I came up with!

Sometimes I wonder if I was actually born into this family, or if there was a mix up at the hospital…
I look at you all, with your Dresden doll looks, all blonde hair and fair skin, and then check myself in the mirror.
My naturally sun-kissed skin, and curly chocolate brown locks are a race apart from you.
You like bland food, I want something with a kick.
You listen to Pop, all I want is Gangsta Rap coursing through my earphones…
Then I remember Grandpa… He was the same, wasn’t he? A bit of a misfit, like me.

Neon Music Sign

1. curtisbausse
    May 09, 2017 @ 16:18:27

A nice celebration of the way we’re all different!

2. Trackback: Flash Fiction Foray – ‘Young and Menace’ – The Book Blogger
  3. thebookblogger2014
    May 03, 2017 @ 21:02:20

Ooh I felt the influence of the music video in there! I particularly liked the descriptions and emphasis on the differences; along with the feeling that it’s what’s on the inside that counts! Thanks for taking part!

Best wishes, Matt

May 03, 2017 @ 17:10:28

I have 5 siblings and none of us look alike, nor dow we look like our parents. I am thinking the Milkman, the Baker, the Postman….!!!

5. Dean
    May 03, 2017 @ 11:27:39

This is my new favourite song! Fall Out Boy only released it last week and I’m already in love with it! Long time FOB fan here ^.^

May 02, 2017 @ 20:17:59

It is funny how some look so different although from the same family. My two older kids were dark blond and brown when they were little. But my youngest one was platinum blond for about 10 years. My youngest sister was also a blondie and us others were brown.

7. Ritu
    May 02, 2017 @ 19:52:41

8. Cory Melancon
    May 02, 2017 @ 19:43:49

Ooooh very good stuff Ritu

9. noellekelly
    May 02, 2017 @ 19:40:20

That’s great Ritu!! I must try out one of these!

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negro™

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

Love, Laughter & Truth

Judy E Martin

Author, Poet and lover of life