#SoCS May 27/17 – Smell

Linda’s #SoCS prompt this week.

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “smell.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!

The moment I read the prompt, I knew exactly what I was to write about today!

Smell!

Oh man, what a smell!

This week we have been blessed with beautiful weather, finally!

It has been a pleasure to get the children from my class out into the playground, and not having to battle through getting the correct coats on, woolly hats set on heads, gloves on (Yes, seriously it’s been pretty cold here recently!).

Instead of layers, we have to remember their sun-hats and make sure the correct sunglasses are perched upon the correct noses. (Yes, every three and four-year-olds are fashion conscious that they need their sunnies!)

However… (you must have known there would be a ‘however’!) … some kind neighbour of the school has obviously thought to make the most of the glorious days, to do some gardening, in particular, spreading some kind of manure… proper cow poo styleeee… around their flower beds.

It wouldn’t be so bad, but for the last three days, every once in a while we get a whiff of being down at the farm! And today was even worse as though we had a beautiful breeze blowing, making the heat manageable, it also brought with it waves of dung odour!

Great!

And even better than that, yesterday we were having our class Teddy Bears Picnic! (x 2 as I have a morning class and an afternoon class!) Somehow the kids were oblivious, munching away on their food, but as we served them, the urge to heave was so strong, because of the smell of manure!

Seriously! What were they thinking?!

It stinks! And I can’t see it getting better with this heat! Thank goodness we are on our half term holidays now for a week!!!!!

May 28, 2017 @ 22:37:36

Oh what a shame, Sis. It really must be so offputting getting the odd whiff of manure, especially when trying to eat!

2. Jami Carder
    May 28, 2017 @ 03:49:07

A few years ago, someone opened a small farm, with pigs, right across the street from our local pizza place! I felt so bad for the restaurant…no one wanted to sit outside anymore…

3. joey
    May 28, 2017 @ 00:27:04

As a gardener, I use manure fairly frequently. Yet, once it’s down, and it’s wetted, I no longer smell it. I’ve always wondered why the city and landscapers always use so much dry manured mulch for buildings where thousands of people walk by all the time. Stop for a taco next to manure? Not appetizing. :/

May 27, 2017 @ 23:11:10

At least the kids were oblivious to the manure madness 💩

May 27, 2017 @ 16:41:18

What shall I say… living in the countryside and having two large cow paddocks right next to my house, I know exactly what you are talking about. But I am lucky today since it is the first time for weeks that I can sit outside after all that stressful times… yay!

6. Lisa Ralph, Cries from an unkempt garden
    May 27, 2017 @ 16:17:48

Got it….wow!!! That was quite fun!! Lol. Now to move on!! 😄🌞

7. Lisa Ralph, Cries from an unkempt garden
    May 27, 2017 @ 16:03:38

These links are killing me softly. I did the same exact so I thought just new date and still no ping back. What am I missing. Grrr. Great write btw 😄. What is the exact link. Thanks so much. I even wrote it down. 😳

8. pensitivity101
    May 27, 2017 @ 15:01:52

Oh memories of putting out the washing in the cottage only to discover the farmer muck spreading in the fields behind us. ‘Roses’ it was not.

9. Book Club Mom
    May 27, 2017 @ 14:59:58

Oh no! We live in a semi-rural area so I know what you mean!

May 27, 2017 @ 12:29:23

Oh no, Ritu, that is awful! I hope you have a lovely break and that the smell is gone when you get back.

May 27, 2017 @ 07:10:42

Phew ! Some people,! They obviously have no sense of smell. I hope it has bedded in by your return to school!! 💜💜💜

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

So Many Mistakes

a guide to bad dating

From Michigan to Germany

A family from Michigan living abroad in Germany.

Rachael's thoughts...

On tips and tools for working in PR, living in the North East and much more.

The Inspirational Warrior

Blogging about little things we can do to Improve our Mental Health and our Financial Health

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.