At one with a Malteser… #ThrowbackThursday

image

(source)

I’m back after my teacher training day. It was lovely, a school with no crazy kids! Peace around the corridors and time to sort displays and classrooms out.

In the last half an hour or so, I had a short course on mindfulness. It was interesting, all about clearing your mind, slowing down, and thinking of negative thoughts at buses, or clouds, that pass by, not them being all encompassing.

I chose to do this course because, I kid you not, there was a picture of a Malteser in the handout!

And, to my joy, there was Malteasers present too!! And we got to eat…one…after becoming one with that Malteser…

I had to pick one, hold it, really look at it, think about its appearance (round), smell it (chocolate), listen to it (heck, it’ll only crunch when you let me eat it!), feel it (melting, melting, it needs my mouth!) And taste it…mmmmmmmm!

Oh, it dissolved so beautifully! Melted in the mouth theoretically. In reality, it melted in my hand!

Then we had to meditate for 5 minutes… Now, I do know the benefits, after all, my Pops teaches yoga! But in a room full of people, susceptible to giggling fits that I am, and with an open bag of Malteasers in front of me, do you REALLY think I can concentrate my mind on my breathing??!!

1. Jennie
    Aug 19, 2017 @ 02:59:30

I love this, Ritu! ๐Ÿ˜…

2. fattymccupcakes
    Aug 18, 2017 @ 01:27:39

HAHAHAHA!! This was great. We do a similar exercise with our students for the purpose, but with Hershey Kisses!

Aug 17, 2017 @ 19:36:33

LOL… I don’t think you can clear your mind when holding a back of Maltesers in your hands ๐Ÿ˜„ I love your word play when you write Malteasers… too funny!

4. angelanoelauthor
    Aug 17, 2017 @ 16:26:01

Fun fact that your Pops teaches yoga. I’ve never had a Malteaser, but now I want one!

5. Gloria
    Aug 17, 2017 @ 12:12:29

I become one with my bag of peanut M&M’s when they’re all in my stomach!
    Sitting looking at them one by one and feeling them would be torture! Fattymacupcakes and a tub of Ben & Jerrys comes to mind here! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

6. OIKOSโ„ข-Redaktion
    Aug 17, 2017 @ 11:45:53

7. Esther
    Aug 17, 2017 @ 08:54:57

Ugh! I loooove Maltesers ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ณ

8. shelleywilson72
    Aug 17, 2017 @ 08:38:33

I feel cheated!! I’ve only ever done that mindfulness exercise with a raisin!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. noellekelly
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 20:34:41

We did this in work!! With a flipping raisin!! Hear the raisin was the worst, never again!!

10. Trackback: The BIG UK Vs. USA Debate – Malteasers Vs. Whoppers! | But I Smile Anyway...
  11. wafflemethis
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 18:37:39

You got any leftโ˜บโ˜บโ˜บโ˜บme some

12. wafflemethis
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 18:37:07

Sis! What are we gonna do with you?

13. TanGental
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 10:46:00

Nations crumble, galaxies far far away teeter on the brink, even Donald Trump’s hair threatens to depart The Scalp but, hold the front page, Ritu is communing with a chocolate world. Will she? Won’t she? Of course she bloody will…. And thus all those Malteasians disappear in one mouthful.

14. The Champa Tree
    Dec 22, 2015 @ 10:19:55

OMG! I love Malteasers. This was my pregnancy craving โค

15. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Dec 21, 2015 @ 20:13:23

Maltesers sound very tempting! Yum! ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Jim
    Dec 21, 2015 @ 16:39:00

I’d have to munch on a couple dozen just for inspiration. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dec 21, 2015 @ 15:16:30

OMG, I love Maltesers! I must never start or I cannot stop anymore! I love them! I am used to meditaion… but I could never stay calm knowing that bag stands in front of me…lol

18. Saloni
    Dec 21, 2015 @ 14:23:43

Now, I will have the melt-in-mouth chocolate dreams!

19. Corina
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 22:03:02

When i was teaching we all looked forward to the afternoon because they knew we would all be tired after lunch so they were have lots of sweets and chocolates after lunch, to give us energy to stay awake another three hours. My favorites were always m&m. Malteasers look like what we call malted milk balls in the U.S.

Feb 23, 2015 @ 22:39:09

Oh there are always biscuits (cookies) and cake. Doughnuts, chocolates in the staffroom, but they don’t last long!! Teachers are also known as gannets!!!
      The Malteasers are little light honeycomb balls covered in chocolate, and they are yum!!!

20. Chris White
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 17:28:28

Your post took me back to when I taught. And, ah yes, those teacher training days!! Good to see that maltesers are being so meaningfully employed. I wonder if Mars Bars could be used, or Yorkies or boxes of Terry’s all Gold. Who thought up the maltesers and meditation thing I wonder. Smarties make you clever. Discuss.

Feb 23, 2015 @ 18:07:09

To be honest, I was just thrilled with the Malteasers!! My favorite!! And we could try others, but due to nut allergies etc, we couldn’t possibly let children eat them, so as responsible adults, we’d have to test them all out…๐Ÿ˜Š

21. Cats at the Bar, Back Home in Bromont
    Feb 23, 2015 @ 16:55:12

What a great work day! Now I have to run out and by a box of Maltesers and meditate in front of the computer. ๐Ÿ™‚