Flash Fiction Challenge – Meshed #CarrotRanch #FlashFiction @Charli_Mills

I’m taking a chance on one of Charli’s 99-word prompts over at The Carrot Ranch!

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary, and I was prompted to write something that tied with this momentous occasion when reading Charli’s prompt this week. โค

November 16, 2017 prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) use the word mesh in a story. Mesh is both an object and a verb, which you can freely explore. You can play with its sound, too. Go where the prompt leads.

Here’s my take!

Sitting together in the backseat, our fingers met and slowly entwined. Our eyes met and a smile spread across our faces.
It had been a big day today. Emotional, but worth every tear I had shed.
After vows had been taken, congratulations had been exchanged, music and merriment, feasting and festivities had finished, the final goodbyes had started.
Looking back, I saw my family waving. Looking forward, his family held their arms open, welcoming me.
It was then I realised that there was no them and us, but two families, forever meshed together because of our love and union.

1. Trackback: Through the Mesh « Carrot Ranch Literary Community
  2. Charli Mills
    Nov 22, 2017 @ 21:50:47

Ritu, you beautifully captured a snapshot in words and an important revelation about unions. You have much to celebrate in love!

Nov 18, 2017 @ 02:12:10

Super beautiful Sister! Happy Anniversary and many blessings to You and Hubby Dearest! โค

4. Michael
    Nov 17, 2017 @ 20:12:05

Beautiful Ritu, and congrats to you both…hope you have a great anniversary…

5. dornahainds