#JusJoJan – January 2nd, 2018 – Boisterous

Day two of #JusJoJan!

I’m going to try to write on each of the prompts!

Today the prompt is:

Your prompt for January 2nd, 2018, brought to you by Dan Antion, is “Boisterous.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Dan at his blog, “No Facilities,” to read his post and say hi! He’s very friendly. 😀 Here’s his link:  https://nofacilities.com/

Thanks, Dan, for a great prompt word!

When I read the word boisterous, the first thing that came to mind was a dog, or a puppy. I pictured a field full of gorgeous golden retriever puppies bounding around, boisterously, as they do, before collapsing in a tired puppy heap!

The only real, recent experience I have of the canine variety is when Alfie, our cousin’s blue-eyed Staffie comes to visit. Now there’s a boisterous dog if ever I saw one! He’s big, and possibly scary looking to some, because of his size, but in reality, he is a big teddy bear!

Though he weighs some ridiculous weight, he still thinks he’s a puppy and will bounce around excitedly, running around our garden, destroying any balls that were left outside in error, and affectionately leap on the kids, drowning them in canine spittle as he licks them with love!

The best is when he decides he wants to come and be all cuddly with you… he creeps up onto your lap and proceeds to sit on you like a lapdog… only he is HUGE, and weighs a ton! But then, you feel so comfy with him laying all over you, you don’t want to move, even for a toilet break!

I get like that with my cat Sonu Singh, too. He rarely comes onto our laps, so when he does, it’s like winning the Lottery!

20171226_093645

Sonu Singh in Massage mode!

But, back to Alfie. He’s always been a boisterous kind, and I have been subjected to bruises, thanks to him too, pulling at his lead as he want’s to get out for his walk, pulling me into doorframes as he goes!

But the Christmas just past, when he came, there was a difference in him. Alfie is getting older. He’s 11 now, and though he tries to be just as boisterous as before, it takes it out of him. Ten minutes of play outside, and trying to lick the kids like lolly pops means that he needs to lay down for an hour after, almost hyperventilating, as he calms himself down.

He’s a beautiful old man, our Alfie, and boisterous or not, we wouldn’t change him. ❤

20171225_115327

Alfie!

See you tomorrow!

If you want to find a full list of rules and the daily prompts visit here.

1. Jennie
    Jan 03, 2018 @ 03:12:03

Wonderful, Ritu.

2. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Jan 02, 2018 @ 22:08:42

3. Ivy
    Jan 02, 2018 @ 21:19:42

This story truly warms the heart.

Jan 02, 2018 @ 20:53:59

He sounds lovely, Sis 🙂

Jan 02, 2018 @ 16:49:54

Oh, yes, this type of dogs may appear scary but no dog was born bad or harmful… it is the people who make them that way. But as you said, they are full of love… and cannot estimate their size and power… lol

6. scr4pl80
    Jan 02, 2018 @ 16:33:37

We have a black lab living next door who is quite boisterous. Our cat is definitely not. Cute post.

Jan 02, 2018 @ 15:35:05

Alfie sounds like a really lovely dog, Ritu.

Jan 02, 2018 @ 11:33:12

Lovely lovely post, you have caught Alfie’s personality perfectly lovely photos. What does Sonu Singh make of him? 💜💜

9. Svasti Dutta
    Jan 02, 2018 @ 09:26:23

You painted a wonderfully vivid picture!

10. debyblogs
    Jan 02, 2018 @ 09:17:38

Old age catches up with us all. The memories created along the way are what matters most.