#JusJoJan – January 25th, 2018 – Prediction

Day twenty-five of #JusJoJan!

I’m going to try to write on each of the prompts!

Today the prompt is:

Your prompt for January 25th 2018, brought to you by Dar, is “Prediction.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Dar at her blog, “Dar’s Words” to read her post and say hi! Here’s her link: https://darsword.wordpress.com/

Are you a believer in those who say they can tell the future?

Do you find yourself drawn to your horoscopes in the morning, scanning your sign’s predictions for the day, and trying desperately to match the goings on in your life with whatever has been written in those fifty-odd words?

Maybe you’ve had your cards read, or your palm?

Or perhaps you are the one who pooh-pooh’s those ideas, saying no one can tell the future… a sceptic, who would never believe this.

I’m a bit of both. I read the daily horoscopes with humour, seeing how generally they are written, so they may appeal to pretty much anyone.

Yet, I have a fascination with the more traditional ways of predicting the future too.

I’ve had my astrological charts read by Indian astrologers (not me, my Pops instigated this), my cards read, my palm looked at, my handwriting analysed, and I have even been to a private clairvoyant.

All the readings have been interesting in their own way. Some things that were said to me have come true, some haven’t reared their head…yet. Some were amusing, some eye-opening.

But I don’t ever take these readings as gospel. They are always with a pinch of salt. I know that there is every chance that the person who has read for me, may not be genuine, but equally, I do believe that there is some out there with a true gift, and their words have truth in them.

Obviously, I’m not a psychic, I don’t know who is right and who is wrong, so I collect my predictions, and look over them a while later, seeing who got things right, and who didn’t… As I said, pinch of salt…!

Do you believe in any of the above?

See you tomorrow!

If you want to find a full list of rules and the daily prompts visit here.

The last attempt to connect to our servers failed. Please check your internet connection.

1. Jennie
    Jan 26, 2018 @ 23:42:07

This is wonderful, Ritu. I do believe in fate, and magic, and angels, and things that are beyond our explanation. Like you, I don’t take this as gospel. I take it as something important, with many truths. Thank you!

2. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Jan 25, 2018 @ 21:16:41

I think predictions are an interesting concept. I always enjoy reading my horoscope, but like you, I agree they are very general. However, they’re still fun to read! As far as predictions go, sometimes, it may be mind over matter. If you believe in something enough, then it just may come true. 😉

3. darsword
    Jan 25, 2018 @ 20:27:16

Thank you for visiting and playing my prompt! I’m with you on a healthy skepticism. I have read cards, actually phone reader for a short while. When it came time to actually do it, I felt it wrong. The company wanted us to keep the customer talking, I think it was $3.99 a minute. They liked me in training because I could keep ’em on the phone for almost an hour. But you know what everyone wanted to know? ‘When will I get rich?’ I started telling them right away that if they were looking for money, calling a fortune teller wouldn’t get them there. The reason I could keep them on the line was by counseling them. More intuition than cards or astrology. Now I use the cards for my writing, storytelling. As fortune telling a coin toss is equally effective as long as you don’t toss the coin to someone else.

Jan 25, 2018 @ 20:23:42

I am on both sides… lol! Reading cards, working with the spiritual world, and healing with spiritual energy. I am also a customer of others doing that, but I a critical one because I know how many charlatans are there outside!

5. Trackback: #JusJoJan – 25th – Prediction – The Militant Negro™
  6. Michael
    Jan 25, 2018 @ 17:17:15

We’d all like to know our future, but then again what a shame if it wasn’t good to know. I think it would detract from the unpredictability of life.

7. scr4pl80
    Jan 25, 2018 @ 17:12:06

I like using cards once in a while but since I am the one interpreting the meaning (using the guidebook) I generally can make them work in my situation. I haven’t had anyone “predict” the future except once when I was pregnant with our third child and since I was an older woman (42) I was a little apprehensive that everything would be okay. A woman I worked with read my cards and said that they looked favorable. She also asked me if I knew anyone named Aaron. I didn’t at the time but years later a family moved in next door to us and the husband’s name was Aron. That’s about as close as I’ve gotten to a prediction.

8. John Holton
    Jan 25, 2018 @ 16:41:04

I think you can predict the future based on previous events, but I’m not certain you can divine the future based in tea leaves, horoscopes, fortune cookies, etc. Now, I think there are people who hear a prediction about themselves and work either to make it come true or to prove it false…

Jan 25, 2018 @ 13:52:35

There are some things we cannot explain and then there are the obvious frauds. We can be open but we don’t have to believe everything we hear or see. Happy Thursday dear Sister!!

10. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Jan 25, 2018 @ 12:01:15

Jan 25, 2018 @ 10:00:12

Like you I do believe there is something in it bit there are also too many frauds which give it a bad name 😀

Jan 25, 2018 @ 08:53:36

I have an open mind Sis, there are more things in heaven and earth. Very interesting post Sis as always you make many valid points. I am not a psychic either but I predict a good day for you 💜🌹

13. TheDreamGirlWrites
    Jan 25, 2018 @ 07:20:50

I can’t really say if i do believe in them but after listening to these predictions i do like it see if they are wrong.. almost like i read them to prove it wrong.. but there are some “gifts” that i’m just thankful for 🙂