#SoCSSeptember 8/18 – Earworm

Linda’s prompt for SoCS this week…

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “earworm.” Talk about your latest earworm, or one that habitually haunts you. Enjoy!

I have to say, I appear to have suffered a whole load of earworms over the last few years, as the kids repeatedly listen to the same songs over and over… and over… but as I get older, I miss who they’re actually by and what the song title is. I’m that annoying one who says “You know the song…!” and then proceed to hum or sing it wrong.

However, I do have one that I am enjoying right now, as Lil Princess loves to watch the video, spotting the different famous faces in it.

Maroon 5’s Girls Like You ft. Cardi B

It’s a great song, and I don’t know all the words, so the chorus seems to play on repeat in my head when I least expect it.

And here it is so it can be your earworm too!

Catch ya later Peeps! Happy Saturday!

1. sheldonk2014
    Sep 23, 2018 @ 01:19:47

Since I’m lying here doing nothing important I thought I come over for pita & hummus

2. Laura
    Sep 10, 2018 @ 17:31:08

Don’t you love when your kid gives you an earworm? Mine does it all the time!

3. JoAnna
    Sep 09, 2018 @ 13:46:36

Great song to carry along! I love the end of the video with the baby included.

Sep 09, 2018 @ 11:15:26

I have not heard of this song, Ritu. I like my own music and let my kids get on with their likes in their own rooms.

5. scr4pl80
    Sep 09, 2018 @ 04:31:05

Haven’t heard this one before but it is really cute! Love all the different girls. I think I need to investigate more Maroon 5!

6. sheldonk2014
    Sep 09, 2018 @ 02:43:32

I guess I just to old because I can never get my head around that group
    I know its me ……it happens a lot with me for some reason….like billy Joel there’s a few more but you understand I bet it happens to you

7. Jennie
    Sep 09, 2018 @ 02:31:44

I totally get this – deja vu of me with my daughter and the hit music, and I’m still this way today. I love the great songs, but don’t ask me the title or the artist. Of course I can tell you title and artist of every hit song when I was a teenager. Ha! And, Maroon 5 – wow! I love, LOVE that song and the video! On a similar note, if MTV had been around when I was a teenager, I would have been totally glued to the TV. 😀

8. manyofus1980
    Sep 08, 2018 @ 23:23:59

I gotta say I love that one! xo

Sep 08, 2018 @ 23:03:39

If you know the chorus then you’re all good 🎵

10. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Sep 08, 2018 @ 22:09:23

Realising i am getting older. 😉 Have a good weekend on the arc. Michael

11. LindaGHill
    Sep 08, 2018 @ 16:50:54

I can see how that could very easily become an earworm! 😀

12. Shivangi
    Sep 08, 2018 @ 16:12:32

My older one loves songs… picks it up from cousin sis. Will show him this one… cool one😀👍

13. Dan Antion
    Sep 08, 2018 @ 11:42:53

I think that’s a valid reason for earwormitis. I still remember the “Silly Songs” and rhymes. I will still start mumbling them when I hear certain words or phrases.

Sep 08, 2018 @ 07:06:36

Arrrrrrrrrrgh another one to add to the list!! Have a great day Sis 💜💜💜

15. Trudy
    Sep 08, 2018 @ 05:34:35

I love the video, Maroon 5 picked influential strong women to star in the video. I love watching it and the last woman is the lead singer’s wife and daughter.