Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 189

img_00411

“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

Thanks, Spidey.

The whole writing thing is on my mind at the moment.

After not hearing anything back from the First Novel Competition, I was tempted to fall into a wallowing muddle, but because I had the charity walk to do, I wasn’t allowed to.

Instead, it made me think back to the fact that I LOVE my story, and I know the couple of people who read it for me in its unaltered state, enjoyed it too.

The biggest thing was to read through and do that whole ‘show, don’t tell’ thing. I was very guilty of it at the beginning as I started writing this piece as a young, inexperienced writer, and I have grown so much since then.

So, this is my next step.

Really combing through it and working out where I can do more showing, and less telling, and tweaking the plot where certain suggestions were made.

It’ll still involve a lot more work, but I know it will be worth it…

Because it is my dream. My story will be told. My book will be out there soon enough!

Tell me about a dream of yours that you have worked really hard to try and achieve 😘

Have a peaceful Sunday Peeps ❀ And enjoy your week!

1. kindredspirit23
    Oct 03, 2018 @ 17:10:38

Getting some short stories published was a big dream of mine. But the one I worked hardest on was getting my teaching certification in 9 mos followed by my special ed license. That one was going to school online while teaching full time!
    Scott

2. Dorinda Duclos
    Oct 01, 2018 @ 07:42:32

Spidey is so wise.

Go after your dream because you know you can make it reality. Don’t get discouraged. Send the book to publishers. Just do it! πŸ’–

3. thereluctantpoet
    Oct 01, 2018 @ 03:02:45

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

Sep 30, 2018 @ 20:49:08

Yes, go for it, sis, and don’t stop before you are holding it in hands!!

5. Jacquie Biggar
    Sep 30, 2018 @ 19:03:41

Your dreams are worth pursuing, Ritu! Writing competitions are good, but they can also turn away many promising authors. Don’t give up!

6. Becky Ellis
    Sep 30, 2018 @ 17:07:11

I love Spidey’s quote today!!!! A dream is only a dream until you make it a reality. And you will make it a reality!

Sep 30, 2018 @ 16:53:48

Until you stop going for it, our dream will always be there and within reach. My dream is a total life change which requires patience and faith. No waddling in the mud Sister, you’ll be holding your book in your hands and smiling! πŸ’œ

8. Darlene
    Sep 30, 2018 @ 13:14:04

I am a huge believer in dreams and I know yours will come true. It took me 5 years to find a publisher for my first book and many many revisions!! Now, I have 7 books published.

Sep 30, 2018 @ 11:21:24

It will all be worth it Sis, a beautiful book with your name on it. Don’t give up Sis πŸ’œ πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Sep 30, 2018 @ 09:35:42

Glad to hear you are getting back into the saddle, Ritu. Nothing is every easy in this life.

11. shelleywilson72
    Sep 30, 2018 @ 08:44:58

My dream was your dream Ritu, and I manifested it – even if it took me forty+ years to get there!! Never give up x

12. loristory
    Sep 30, 2018 @ 08:01:09

Good luck with your story. I’ve gone through five or more revisions of my MG novel, attended a writing conference today, and now am revising again.

13. April Munday
    Sep 30, 2018 @ 07:15:58

Keep plugging on with it and get an editor to help you. She’ll show you how something good can be made better.