Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 191

img_00411

“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes… including you.” Anne Lamott

Thanks, Spidey!

I think we may have read this one together before, but it is so important, I’m glad Spidey brought it to my attention again.

I am constantly on the go; work, family and writing.

It is non-stop, seriously, and I didn’t understand before, the importance of putting myself first at times, and listening to my body telling me I needed time away from the rigours of life.

But I have managed to balance things now, and learned to spot the signals that I need to rest, break away from normality for a while, in order that I stay on track for 99% of the time.

No one can be on it 100% of the time, but we just need to learn when to switch off, and charge up!

I’ll sleep, watch films of programmes I never get a chance to, read, potter about my house, that is what I need to ground myself.

How do you unplug? 😘

Have a peaceful Sunday Peeps ❤ And enjoy your week!

1. joey
    Oct 17, 2018 @ 00:35:02

Good reminder. (Also, why do we NEEEEED to be reminded?!? crazy!) I take a few breaks outside at work, but really, like you, I go and go and basically live for any time I can sleep in or read a book.

Oct 14, 2018 @ 20:38:25

Not easy to unplug at times. I try to clear my mind by going for a walk, meditate or simply talk to other people (about other stuff). But for about a year it is very difficult to unplug since I am constantly on the go from when I get up to 11 pm. Not funny, anymore.

Oct 14, 2018 @ 18:56:32

I don’t know sis I can’t find the off switch on my brain 😱💜

Oct 14, 2018 @ 17:25:45

I listened to music and I make time to clear my mind. Wonderful post Sister 💜

5. englishwithkirsty
    Oct 14, 2018 @ 15:47:43

This is true – it’s so important! For me, unplugging is about time at home, chilling out with a book, or taking a long bath. When the weather’s good, it’s also about taking a walk – but not with the weather we’re having today! Have a great week 🙂

6. afternoonofsundries
    Oct 14, 2018 @ 12:39:38

I love to take a couple of hours at night and read. Social media can be draining. It’s important to not ignore all the issues we are facing today, but it’s equally as important to step away when necessary for a couple of hours!

7. weggieboy
    Oct 14, 2018 @ 12:14:18

Excellent advice! Just this morning, when I lost Internet connection and all the usual routines of unplugging, etc., failed to restore it, I said some angry, naughty words, and shut the dang laptop down. Once I cooled down, I turned it back on, and the Internet connection – you know, by “magic” – was back.

8. Darlene
    Oct 14, 2018 @ 11:49:02

I unplug by taking my dog for a walk. Took me years to learn how to unplug. Getting a dog helped! Have a lovely Sunday too. xo

9. Carol Anne
    Oct 14, 2018 @ 09:22:52

I love to unplug! Reading is what I love to do to unwind! Or watch some mindless tv! 😄

10. Bryntin
    Oct 14, 2018 @ 08:58:25

I have little to unplug from really, my problem is normally getting charged up enough to work in the first place! When I’m working right then it’s off to the coast path on the cliffs here in Cornwall, normally a good cobweb remover and perspective corrector.

Oct 14, 2018 @ 08:29:45

I bake, of course. A good reminder, Ritu

12. April Munday
    Oct 14, 2018 @ 07:40:28

You can’t beat a good bit of pottering every now and then.

13. mihrank
    Oct 14, 2018 @ 07:10:51

excellent post and well prepared…

14. Dorinda Duclos
    Oct 14, 2018 @ 05:28:26

Great post, Spidey! When I need to unplug, I grab my camera and go for a drive. Eventually I find some place to stop and just enjoy capturing the beauty around me. 😊