Chai and a Chat – #3 #ChaiAndAChat

Well hello there!

A week has gone by and it is definitely time for our weekly catch up over a chai, or any beverage you fancy!

Chai and a Chat

• If we were sipping a chai together, I’d tell you, first and foremost that I am on half term break! No getting up extra early for a week at least, and with kids being that little bit older, they like lay-ins too, so win-win!
  • If we were sipping a chai together, I’d also lament over the fact the fact that, though the migraines haven’t made a reappearance in the last week, I had an earache, followed by a terrible sore throat, culminating in the infamous teacher’s half term exhaustion cold! But I am fighting, it, sipping herbal remedies and taking it as easy as I can.
  • If we were sipping chai together, I’d tell you that we had a wonderful evening of pizza and giggles, to say a fond farewell to one of my Reception team colleagues. She is just amazing and is going to be sorely missed, but she is off to another position where she will be able to use her fantastic skills in a more practical way. I wish her well.
  • If we were sipping chai together, I’d tell you how excited we were to announce to the kids at school this week, that as of next week, we will officially be having a school dog! Three days a week, one of our staff will be bringing in her beautiful Labrador, as a therapy dog for children who need that calming influence, and also it will be an opportunity for others to learn about responsibility.
  • If we were sipping chai together, I’d tell you that we have been looking at houses. There is a big chance that we may decide to move. Not far, but a new place, or if not, it’s time to do a big renovation on our current home. Tough decisions. Do we just find a new place, and seamlessly move in, or face a few months of upheaval, but create our dream home in the wonderful location we already live in?
  • If we were sipping chai together, I’d tell you that the teenage angst has not calmed down in the house (and I don’t expect it to for a good while) but it hit a real head last week, when a certain teenager managed to smash his phone screen… apparently it fell less than a foot, and not just cracked, but a piece was gouged out! I think there was a sense of frustration involved to be honest, when he realised that his charger wasn’t working one morning, followed by a throwdown of said phone, though he won’t admit that! Then… there was a meltdown of epic proportions as he wouldn’t have a phone for a day! A replacement was found, but it wouldn’t be usable for a day as it needed charging etc. I even managed to get his phone repaired within two days, with a screen protector and new charger thrown in for £40… pretty reasonable. Then I found out that a certain someone had worked out how to top up their phone using my account! I shall not disclose how much, but it was a pretty penny, and I was not happy. Funds have been recovered from his bank account, and all pocket money suspended for a while!
  • If we were sipping chai together, I’d whisper to you that I can’t stop eating. Seriously, it is terrible. I crave all the stuff I know I shouldn’t eat, even though I surround myself with healthy options. My waist is not going to thank me!

And for the week ahead?

• If we were sipping that chai together, and possibly reaching for cake or cookies, I’d tell you that I am beyond excited that Pops and Mum are coming over to stay for a few days at the end of the week. Mum hasn’t been here for over a year so I can’t wait!
  • If we were sipping that chai together, I’d tell you that this week is meant to be a week of relaxation, but every day has something planned… I will rest, honest (somehow…)
  • As I mop up the crumbs I would tell you that it’s Halloween next week, and Lil Princess has been invited to her first Halloween party… she wants to be a Zombie Cheerleader… Eeek!

So, what’s your week been like, and what are you looking forward to?

If you want, drop a line in the comments, or even link back to this with a Chai and a Chat post of your own!

1. thereluctantpoet
    Nov 10, 2018 @ 04:03:23

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

Oct 24, 2018 @ 14:10:55

That sounds like a pretty eventful week. Yes, those frustrations can break out like a volcano at times and using your account… ouch! He should have known better that it will come to the surface!

3. Rae Longest
    Oct 24, 2018 @ 11:52:44

Oh, what a wonderful catch up visit as I gulped (no sipping for me…I guzzled it down, feeling the energy pick me up as soon as my brain got the message! Lol You had a great deal to tell us, and all of it was delightful reading. You DO have a big decision to make about the house, my advice is, BE BOLD!!! I have Argument Research papers due today, then in what small bit of time I have the rest of the week, I face a grading marathon! Each student writes seven to ten pages, which are graded for mechanics (their downfall), content, application of argumentive principles we have studied this semester, style, research skills and credible sources, correct documentation (Most this semester are using APA for the first time; junior college teaches only MLA.) and addressing the target audience. I am facing hours and hours of careful reading and marking…groan. Some of my writers are exceptional, about six are strugglers, and what’s left are students taught-to-the-test who have good form but mediocre content and no reader-appeal (think boring).
    I do have some good things coming up today and maybe even a few ‘aha teaching moments.” It is five, almost six a.m. and it’s time to get my day started. I loved our coffe/chai chat, Hon.

4. joey
    Oct 24, 2018 @ 00:50:17

Aw, therapy dog so nice. End of term sickness, not nice. Wishing you speedy healing and a pleasant break 🙂

5. thereluctantpoet
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 22:18:51

Loved your Chai and Chat!!! So great! Read your comment on a lack of will power and thought about “Stones”!!! Ha! Sorry, it was more silly than mean! If I didn’t know better I’d think I was a rock collector the way I pick up “Stones”! LOL!
    xoxoxo

6. Darlene
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 22:01:32

A school dog!! How wonderful. It will do wonders for the children. Enjoy your week, especially with a visit from mom!!

7. Emmalene aka A Brummie Home and Abroad
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 19:58:37

Thanks for the chai and chat Ritu! I’m feeling sorry for myself today and couldn’t pull myself out of bed this morning – sorry work, you’ll have to cope without me for a day or two while I shake whatever malady is lurking!

8. Image Earth Travel
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 19:16:34

If we were having and Chai & Chat, I’d tell you my woes of dealing with Italian bureaucracy as a migrant here…

9. OIKOS™-Publishing
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 18:33:34

Excuse me Ritu! Now i understand the “10:51 am”-note. ;-)Hope you are feeling a little bit better now. Honey is very good against sore throat. You should eat some of it. Best wishes, Michael.

10. josypheen
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 17:27:15

I hope you do have a moment to relax Ritu! You totally deserve a break!!

11. englishwithkirsty
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 17:20:42

Pleeease give us a post on the school dog 🙂
    Enjoy your half term and hope you feel better soon.
    My week feels like a massive list of things to do, but it’s also exciting because I’m starting to run some new courses with new learners.

Oct 22, 2018 @ 16:22:11

Have a wonderful relaxing (if possible) break Sister 💜

Oct 22, 2018 @ 13:02:50

Oh! Sis that dreaded exhaustion cold, you have it every school break. Get better really soon. As for teenage angst, I can still remember it.. the phone top ups.. they all try it on so be firm keep smiling and remember not lasts forever. Give my love your mum and pops. Big hugs and thanks for the chai.💜💜💜

14. Trackback: Chai and a Chat – #3 #ChaiAndAChat | willowdot21
  15. Jim
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 12:08:28

if we were sipping chai right now, I’d be giggling and letting you know that teenage antics will get worse and will cause Mums to have grey hairs.

16. tidalscribe
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 11:54:29

A school dog, I love Labradors. We had the school budgie home for a weekend once and my younger son’s class had a rat who was adorable!

17. Jennie
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 11:33:06

A therapy Labrador at school?? I am so jealous! Do find time to rest, and have fun with your folks. And the teenage moments? Well, they will problem be around for a while. 🙂 Big decisions on moving or renovating! Super post, Ritu!

Oct 22, 2018 @ 11:34:34

Thanks Jennie. I’m as excited about the dog as the kids!!!!
      I’m bracing myself for the teen issues. I know there is no quick fix!!!
      And yeah, the home thing… So hard to know the right thing to do!!!!

18. Rachna
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 11:30:39

Here we just finished Dasshera holidays and schools opened today. The younger boy fell sick so it has been a bit of a dampener but hopefully the rest of the week will be better. Enjoy your break and Yay to parents coming home.

19. rachaelstray
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 10:21:57

I love that you guys are bringing in a therapy dog the kids will absolutely love it! I hope you’re feeling better soon. Enjoy the half term break!!

20. thatblogwherecheriemovestogermany
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 10:20:41

Oh yes, the teenage years. I do feel for you. Eventually they move out, thankfully.

21. Losing the Plot
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 07:42:16

My boys aren’t on half term till next week, so we have the parent teacher talks this week to look forward to.

I feel your phone anxiety – we’ve been there with my stepson. Parenting is hard work! Deep breaths!! 🤣 you’ll laugh in like about 20 years 😂

Oct 22, 2018 @ 08:35:14

Breathing!!!!!!!! Well, I’m trying. Though I have to say it’s easier when I’m going it alone… Hubby and I have different ideas sometimes and that can be worse!!!!

22. oxygen4thejourney
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 05:12:47

Ritu, I LOVE the Chai and Chat idea! Such an easy read and interesting to learn more about you!
    If we were having a Chai and a Chat, I would tell you that I’m 3 assignments off becoming a counsellor, I’d tell you that Im focused on self care more than ever these days. I’d also tell you while reaching for a slice of cake or a cookie – that I have more barley grass, spirulina, Maca powder and Chia seeds than I know what to do with – yet still eat more chocolate and junk than ever. WHY AM I SOOOO HUNGRY?! I’d ask that as I grab the second cookie xx

Oct 22, 2018 @ 08:33:38

I’d be on the third cookie as I nod and agree with you! 😜
      Good on you with your course! Wish you luck with your last three assignments!
      I’m glad you like the idea 😍

23. a mindful traveler
    Oct 22, 2018 @ 05:12:23

Enjoy your well-deserved break Ritu, and good luck with the Halloween preparations 😉