Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 350 – Anniversary Love

img_00411

“And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.”

Kiersten White, The Chaos of Stars

Thanks, Spidey, for another lovely, apt quote.

If you read Thursday’s blog, you’ll know that Hubby Dearest and I celebrated our twentieth anniversary, this week.

We went out for dinner on the day, with our grumpy teens, and I had Friday off, so we could spend time together. After a lovely surprise from him (more below), we popped to Bluewater for a little amble around and something to eat, before heading off to the in-laws to pick up the kids.

It wasn’t anything spectacular in the form of what we did, but just time together was wonderful.

Now, the surprises… so, I know gifting isn’t the be-all and end-all of a celebration, but it is lovely to be spoiled, and I think (hope!) we both were, in our own ways!

I commissioned artist Inkwisitive to create a piece of artwork from one of our favourite images from our wedding, for my present to Hubby Dearest. The children clubbed together with me to get Daddy a coffee machine that he wanted.

And him?

Well, that man excelled himself! On Thursday, I was gifted some pink champagne and a bouquet of roses so big I could barely hold it, and needed three vases at least, to hold them! Then on Friday, a delivery arrived, in the shape of a new (to me) car! The country roads, and driving in inclement weather is only going to get tougher, and he wanted to upgrade my current ride for a safer one.

See, I told you. Spoilt, rotten! I never married him for material gain. That has never been important to me. But he really does spoil me, and treat me like a queen.

I love him so, so much. Always and Forever, my love 💜

P.S. I really don’t need gifts, only him…

So, have you celebrated any big anniversaries? If so, how did you mark them?

namaste

Wishing you a wonderfully peaceful Sunday, Peeps!

1. Jennie
    Nov 23, 2021 @ 18:49:36

How wonderful, Ritu! I really love the art of your favorite wedding photo. And a newer, safer car is the perfect gift. Happy Anniversary!

2. Leanne
    Nov 23, 2021 @ 04:56:02

Congratulations!!

3. thereluctantpoet
    Nov 22, 2021 @ 16:48:10

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

Nov 22, 2021 @ 05:21:59

I’m happy you had a lovely anniversary with a wonderful surprise. Blessings to you both always, Sister 🙏🏽❤️❤️🙏🏽

5. petespringerauthor
    Nov 22, 2021 @ 01:41:50

Your husband sounds like a great guy! I smiled at the reference to the grumpy teens as I remember those days so well. Then magically, they return to the fold one day and don’t think their parents are idiots anymore.🤣

6. Rae Longest
    Nov 22, 2021 @ 01:26:38

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! That coffee machine looks like a piece of technology you will both enjoy, girlfriend.
    You DESERVE a new car. We all need a reliable, safe, vehicle to get around in. I am so HAPPY for you. And, once again, I have copied Spidey’s quote in my quote notebook.

7. OIKOS™- Art, Books & more
    Nov 21, 2021 @ 23:22:37

Congratulations, Sis! I hope you will have a wonderful celebration, and 20 years is for sure a milestone of love. You have chosen a great car brand too. 😉 Best wishes, Michael

8. OIKOS™- Art, Books & more
    Nov 21, 2021 @ 23:20:17

Nov 21, 2021 @ 16:58:16

Oh! Sis how wonderful, what lovely presents. As you say the time together was the best.
    As you know back August, hubby and I celebrated our 50th Anniversary our lads organised a fantastic party for us, it was lovely. 💜

Nov 21, 2021 @ 15:39:23

Hi Ritu, I saw both gifts on Instagram and thought they were lovely. My husband also bought me a car a few years ago for the same reason – safety. It is very thoughtful and considerate.

11. lssattitudeofgratitude
    Nov 21, 2021 @ 13:26:14

Congrats on having such a loving, caring relationship. The gifts are icing on the cake.

12. Darlene
    Nov 21, 2021 @ 13:16:24

Say what – a car!! Lucky you. The flowers are gorgeous and I love the painting. We have treated ourselves to a cruise for a couple of our anniversaries. Four years ago we spent a few days in the city of York, where we had been married 40 years before. So that was very special. I guess 45 is coming up. And they said it wouldn´t last. What do they know? Love the quote. xo

13. Shivangi
    Nov 21, 2021 @ 13:06:51

That portrait is gorgeous! Glad you had such great time 😀💐

14. Keith
    Nov 21, 2021 @ 12:53:48

Ritu, happy anniversary. I love the quote you began your post with. It is quite simple – I choose you. Keith

15. TanGental
    Nov 21, 2021 @ 12:45:23

Yer big softie. Cool wheels mind you. I once ought the Textiliste a soft top mini Cooper. Once the Vet learnt to drive we hardly saw it!!

16. Erika
    Nov 21, 2021 @ 11:13:42

Wow, that is awesome and only shows how important you are to him. I am very happy for you two.
    When we had our 20th anniversary. My husband told me to pack for an overnight stay and be ready at 7 pm. My oldest one was old enough to take care of her two brothers. Nobody knew what would happen. My husband and I were standing outside, I was putting my bag into the trunk of the car when he took it out again. What the…? However, it was evening and I saw a car’s backlights slowly getting closer. I thought it was the pizza delivery for the kids when I realized it was a stretch limousine. Yep, I could barely believe it. And also the kids were glued to the window, most of all my daughter. Inside we had champagne while we drove to a first-class hotel where we had dinner and stayed overnight. Wherever we drove through with that car, people were stopping and staring. I felt like a princess. You know, my husband is not very creative but maybe that was, why he surprised me even more!

17. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Nov 21, 2021 @ 11:05:36

Well yes, there are material things here but there is love shining through it all! ❤