#JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 22nd/17 – Contempt

Day 22 of Linda’s #JusJoJan challenge, hosted today by my dear blog sis Judy! Do you know her? She is great! A fantastic poet, and the sweetest heart! Check her blog, Edwina’s Episodes out here!

The Just Jot It January 22nd prompt, brought to you by Rosemary  of Rosemary Carlson, Freelance Writer, is: “contempt.” Use it any way you’re inspired to. And make sure you stop by and say hi to Rosemary as well! Here’s her blog: https://rosemarycarlson.com/

Contempt.

It’s a pretty harsh word to use, isn’t it?

Hate, despisement, disdain, scorn, abhorrence…

They all mean more or less the same thing.

I really don’t like to use those words in my life, to be honest.

I’d much rather use the more wishy-washy “don’t like” or “not too fond of” phrases. (In reality of course, because when it comes to my writing, the words above are much more powerful!)

So here is a little haiku to tie it up.

Eyes filled with contempt
Impossible to forget
A burning hatred inside

jjj-2017

1. fattymccupcakes
    Jan 23, 2017 @ 02:12:35

Maybe I’m a more negative person, but I use those words a lot! Oops 😳

Jan 22, 2017 @ 16:27:29

Lovely write up on contempt, Ritu.

Jan 22, 2017 @ 15:10:23

I feel the same about such words. Only thinking of them gives me a very uncomfortable feeling. Your take says it all! It comes from within and is simply not who we are!

4. Teagan Geneviene
    Jan 22, 2017 @ 12:52:42

Well done Ritu. I think a lot of us are feeling that. Hugs.

Jan 22, 2017 @ 12:18:51

I like this Ritu you have brought all the true meanings into play !! ❤

Jan 22, 2017 @ 10:54:40

Thanks for your lovely words, Sis!
    I like how you have handled the challenge today. It is a word that is so strong and not one I like to bandy about too often.
    Your haiku was perfect! 🙂

w

Heart of a (Student) Nurse

Follow Rae as she works through, and quite possibly b***ches about, nursing school!

Life of Fai

Writings of a sassy brown girl who wonders why she's still single - hobbies include smelling my own hair and bragging about my immunity to shingles.

Thellys Lifestyle and Travel

Lifestyle, Travel, Health and Reviews

johnrieber

Burgers, Bacon, Music, Movies, Offbeat Adventures & Exploitation!

Bake and Write

Musings and memories, words and wisdom... of a working family woman

Forktrails

Indulgent escapes of the Banjaran Foodie

A writer & her sentimental muse

A Creative Life is a Life full of Hope and Joy (Formerly A writer & her adolescent muse)

purehaiku

traditional haiku in the english language

Cats and Trails and Garden Tales

Musings on cats, gardens, travel and life