Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 102

img_00411.jpg

“When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new,” – Dalai Lama

I love this quote.

I think we are all guilty of rabbitting on, but if we do stop to listen to those around us, we may indeed learn something, whether it just be knowledge or something of personal importance.

In an argument, we can only argue our own point, but sometimes, hard as it may be, if we listen to the other party, we may learn another perspective, showing that we are not always right.

If we listen to the innocent comments of children, we may garner a different perspective to our own jaded, mature one, with regards to many things.

So today Peeps, take the time to listen, as well as talk. It will do you good!

Happy Sunday!

Jan 29, 2017 @ 20:42:38

I do so agree we all need to listen!

Jan 29, 2017 @ 20:00:49

I agree Sis. We need to listen a lot more!! 🙂

3. Louise
    Jan 29, 2017 @ 18:55:24

Lovely advice! And the quote is very powerful.

4. ShethP
    Jan 29, 2017 @ 17:42:57

Agreed! Great reminder. 🙂

5. colinandray
    Jan 29, 2017 @ 14:38:53

Interesting quote, and I am not going to question the wisdom of Dalai Lama, but is it quoted accurately? If we all listened, instead of talking, there would be nothing to listen to. Perhaps some additional qualifications are missing? Perhaps teachers should be excluded?
    I understand the intent of the quote, but that is not what it is saying. Perhaps “If you only talk………..” ? 😦

6. Chris White
    Jan 29, 2017 @ 14:22:52

Morning Ritu. Morning Spidey. Yes, listening is such an important skill. Listening and also …. responding. Have a great week ahead. Chris.

7. keen peach
    Jan 29, 2017 @ 12:57:56

Great thoughts Ritu. I have got to work on this!

Jan 29, 2017 @ 12:06:50

I totally love that. But talking about things can also lead you to a solution. In the end, we are having all answers withing. I often experienced that when I stopped pondering about something and started talking about it at one point I gave myself the answer I was so looking for. Crazy actually!
    But I know this is not what this quote is about. I agree, that only repeating our own opinions will not help us to develop so we need to be open for other opinions and views in order to widen our own horizon!

9. Masoom Jethwa
    Jan 29, 2017 @ 07:28:59

Great quote to start my day with.