Thursday Thought – #Meditate

“Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess, just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.” – www.dailyinspirationalquotes.in

My mum told me last night to have a chamomile tea to relax myself.

I know it’s meant to help, but what won’t help is the need for me to rush to the toilet in the middle of the night, ruining the full night’s sleep that I hoped to get! Especially after the last few nights!

And so I did what my Pops always tells me to do.

Sit back, empty your mind and breathe.

Inhale through the mouth, and exhale completely, slowly. If you wish to make it a meditation, you can chant something that calms you. Breathe in this way for 5-10 minutes and empty your mind of everything else. Concentrate on the breath entering and leaving your body. The vibrations of the chant will sooth your brain.

Many people automatically use the word “Om”.

Image result for Om means

Image from Google

We say, “Waheguru”.

Image result for waheguru means

Image from Google

And so before bed, that is what I did.

I have woken up fresh, ready to handle the dreaded observation today. I know what my capabilities are. I can only hope my team are on side and able to support me and the children in the way I really would like them to. It’s all in the hands of ‘Them’ now!

Who knows when I get my feedback. but I’l be glad when this afternoon is over, I can tell you that!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes though, your words have given me more confidence!

Luck and Love Peeps!

1. Rae Longest
    May 02, 2017 @ 13:20:02

I KNOW it will all go well…

Apr 29, 2017 @ 18:38:57

Your parents are both very wise people, Sis πŸ™‚ xx

Apr 27, 2017 @ 17:37:22

And now it is done! Ommmm….
    I agree! Great advice, sis! The more we feel under pressure from whatever the more we need to distance our mind from it and that can only happen when we empty it as much as possible. Inhaling power, light, strength, confidence consciously while breathing all out what burdens us has an amazing effect!

4. colinandray
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 13:47:54

You have a smart Dad! Always listen to him! He may not always be right, but he will always be worth listening to! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Apr 27, 2017 @ 13:43:24

Hope it went well Sister!! Emptying my mind now!! Have a relaxed afternoon ❀️

6. Book Club Mom
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 12:08:42

Best of luck – you will do great!!

Apr 27, 2017 @ 10:24:04

All will be well and all will be well. Sis you will excel πŸ’œπŸ’Ÿ

8. mercyngum
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 09:28:56

Thank You Ruti. Can’t help but just meditate on it. afterall i alone cant get my self out that mode bcus I alone have the power over my own thoughts.

9. Nina
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 09:18:50

Thank you Ritu! I need this reminder today…and now I know what “Om” means…I thought it was just a meaningless sound. ☺

10. mindyourwings
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 08:50:47

very nice!!

11. susieshy45
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 08:20:53

Ritu
    Bless you and have a fun day. Try to enjoy yourself and be natural through said ” observation”.
    Susie

12. Henrietta Watson
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 07:45:51

A very good post. Thanks for sharing!