#SoCS July 22/17 – Sealing/Ceiling

Linda’s #SoCS prompt this week…

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “sealing/ceiling.” Use one, use both, have fun!

Have you ever decorated before?

I am not one for volunteering for this kind of thing.

Ask me to choose decor and furniture, decide on the palette for a room fine! But painting or wallpapering?

Tedious, messy and smelly!

Still, last year we made the decision to get the kids into their own rooms, and as we were going to be changing things around pretty majorly, decided that the rooms needed a lick of paint.

I was all for calling the decorators in, we know a lovely guy who is a dab hand at getting a quick, neat coat of paint on a wall! But, there were other ideas in place…

Next thing you know, my sister-in-law, who loves decorating, volunteered a few days to get the paint on the walls and ceilings… and before you know it, we, as in my sister-in-law,  Hubby Dearest, and I, were to be officially decorators for the week!

How did that happen?

All I know is that it took us about 4 days of hard graft, aching backs and necks, along with splodges of paint streaking my hair to get things done… painting ceilings are definitely not my forte!

And don’t make me tell you about the skirting board mess ups and door frame palavers! I accidentally shut a door still wet and opened it just in the nick of time, before sealing myself permanently into a paint fume-filled room!

Still, it got done. I can tick that off my list.

I have told Hubby Dearest that next time he has a bright idea to do things home things himself, not to include me unless he has asked! And to be on the safe side… he is to remember, we do have the number for that nice man….

1. LindaGHill
    Jul 24, 2017 @ 22:32:55

Oh, aren’t you brave! I think I’d have run away from home. 😛

2. crosscountrylifeblog
    Jul 23, 2017 @ 01:11:48

I hate decorating as well, good luck 😂

3. Mr. Militant Negro
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 23:02:53

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.

4. puppy1952
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 20:57:29

I believe in letting the experts do it.

Jul 22, 2017 @ 18:23:02

HA! I hate decorating too Sis , and can’t bear the mess. When our front room was done recently, I was working during most of it, but still ended up doing a bit of painting! 🙂

Jul 22, 2017 @ 16:58:28

LOL!! I remember very well when you kept us updated last year.

7. Daisy in the Willows
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 15:37:36

I hate decorating. I’m glad I’m not the only one. Ha ha ! I suppose once we start the challenge we have one of two options, enjoy it or don’t x please one decorate my house ha ha 😉

8. bikerchick57
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 14:25:21

I don’t mind painting walls, but ceilings really are the worst. It’s so hard on the neck and back, not to mention the paint that ends up in hair and all over. I’m glad your job is finished and you can enjoy the outcome of your efforts, but, yeah, next time call that guy.

9. Dan Antion
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 12:50:24

Painting ceilings is no fun at all. Kudos to you guys on the success.

Jul 22, 2017 @ 10:40:51

I absolutely hear you, Ritu. The nice man is the way to go.

Jul 22, 2017 @ 09:46:37

I have memories of decorating and DIY….😱 I remember the posts Sis well done💗💗

12. IreneDesign2011
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 05:29:55

Sounds like a fun project anyway, Ritu 🙂

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negro™

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

Love, Laughter & Truth

Judy E Martin

Author, Poet and lover of life