#SoCS Aug. 12/17 – Guess

Linda’s prompt this morning for #SoCS:

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “guess.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!

That Linda, eh, really kept us guessing last night!

I am so used to her email pinging into my inbox on a Friday night, giving me my prompt for the #SoCS challenge.

But she kept us waiting!

I started to get a little concerned, as she is generally pretty reliable when it comes to these prompt posts!

I even visited her site several times, right up until I fell asleep, just in case the gremlins that work for WP had decided that I wasn’t worthy of email notifications … it happens sometimes, we all know that.

I confirmed that I hadn’t unfollowed her by mistake too.

Then I gave, up and went to sleep, hoping that the post would be up when I woke, and that email would be there waiting for me!

And it was! Turns out she was fine, just actually has a life beyond blogging! (I do too, honest!)

Phew!

It threw me a little because I am so used to sitting and allowing my stream of consciousness to take over late on a Friday, so you have a post ready and waiting to read early on Saturday!

Just a stickler for routine, I guess! (And a bit of an addict!)

Aug 13, 2017 @ 15:23:20

It’s funny isn’t it as I seem to have a routine with some of my blog posts. I like to write my SoCS posts on Saturday morning when I wake up, but yesterday I had a massive lie-in and it was nearly afternoon before I posted it. My head was muzzy when I wrote it too!

Aug 12, 2017 @ 21:21:43

Me too Sis, all of the above 🌹💜🎈

3. joey
    Aug 12, 2017 @ 19:10:35

Same! I kept checkin! lol

4. Mr. Militant Negro
    Aug 12, 2017 @ 17:42:43

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.

5. John Holton
    Aug 12, 2017 @ 14:26:04

I think we’re all a little like that these days…

Aug 12, 2017 @ 13:43:36

Good thing is wasn’t those wp gremlins.. funny stream Sister!! 😀

7. You Can Always Start Now
    Aug 12, 2017 @ 12:53:47

I usually try and write post and schedule for Saturday for SOCS. Like you was writing over first cup of coffee Saturday morning. Then retweeting! Have a great weekend.

8. Fallon
    Aug 12, 2017 @ 12:43:10

I was starting to worry, too. But there it was, right as I was getting ready to go to bed. Which meant it could simmer in my head while I slept. This is probably why random bits of dialogue tend to start my posts. They tend to pop into my head during that simmering. 🙂

9. Dan Antion
    Aug 12, 2017 @ 12:35:17

I guess Linda wanted to emphasize to “limited planning” part of SoCS. Nicely done.

10. Reena Saxena
    Aug 12, 2017 @ 09:54:22

Shows that addiction is not an alien word for so-called ‘normal’ people like us. It is just the size and impact of addiction, and the nature of the drug that makes a difference. 🙂

Aug 12, 2017 @ 09:06:18

Very good, Ritu. You do make me laugh. I can’t imagine myself losing any sleep over a prompt.

12. Himali Shah
    Aug 12, 2017 @ 08:49:35

#Guess what ? You did a fantastic job at this !!!