#SoCS Nov. 4/17 – Shortcut/Cut Short

Linda’s prompt for #SoCS today:

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “shortcut/cut short.” Use one, use both, whatever strikes your fancy. Enjoy!

Well, I tell you what, just the other day I was talking about something stupid I did as a kid… I was blessed with a small forehead… well, smaller than the rest of the folk around me, and I HATED it!

When I was around eleven or twelve, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I took a clump of hair from the front of my head, and using a pair of scissors, I snipped. It was cut short, heck, I nearly scalped myself to be honest! But I thought I looked great to be honest!

The thing is, I can’t have cut back too far into my hairline, because no one appeared to notice, until a few days later, when the regrowth started…

Call me stupid ( I already have), but in my young mind, once I cut that clump, I would finally have the high forehead of my dreams! Obviously, things don’t run that smooth.

Hair grows back.

And when it is an area at the front of your head, where the very obvious regrowth sticks up rather than grows downwards, people will notice.

And they did!

I got a right royal telling off from my mother, and had to suffer the sniggers of my classmates too, until it grew long enough for me ti clip it back!

Looking at my forehead now, I can’t understand what my problem with it was!

But one thing I learned was that it was never wise to take shortcuts when it came to my hair!

Actually, that’s a lie… I did try Sun In bleach spray as a uni student, to get that ‘realistic’ sun-kissed highlights look!!! But that’s a whole other post, filled with the straw-like remnants of hair I was left with, after that experiment!

Happy Saturday Peeps!!!!

1. Faith Mantovani
    Nov 05, 2017 @ 05:51:36

Love your article! 🥂

2. Sandra J. Jackson
    Nov 05, 2017 @ 02:21:23

Ha, ha, that was good. Live and learn.

3. joey
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 19:24:08

Precious learning. My Moo, also a short forehead person, cut off her hair for the very same reason. She, too, was disappointed. Wonders never cease! 🙂

4. John Holton
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 18:35:18

Your forehead’s fine, but I know how it is when you’re a kid. As for Sun In, it always seemed unnecessary: either the sun does its job or it doesn’t. I’ve always heard lemon juice helps it along, and I don’t think it’s anywhere as harsh as the chemicals they put into Sun In.

Nov 04, 2017 @ 18:15:05

Haha, at least you looked good in your own mind Sister!!

6. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 18:02:24

7. J-Dub
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 13:37:38

Ha! Sun-In. I used it too and my hair turned orange. I am a brunet who wanted so much to be blond. Sun-In was definitely not the answer. Of course had I followed the directions and not used a whole bottle at once, I may have had better results.

8. Jennie
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 12:51:16

Good story, Ritu! I was not quite as brave. I did get a perm which turned into orange frizz. 😕

9. Dan Antion
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 12:42:54

I’m laughing because my “forehead” has been reaching backward since high school.

Nov 04, 2017 @ 09:26:14

Haha… sisters all over!! When I was 15 (one day before Christmas eve I was bored) I cut my shoulder length hair back to half an inch… A little bit longer in the back but that short on the sides and the top… a real punk cut. I did it with my own scissors. And you know what? It looked awesome! No kidding!! But… I only knew once it was done… lol!

11. Michael
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 08:29:49

Haha funny 🙂

Nov 04, 2017 @ 08:20:01

A funny story, Ritu. It is amazing what we worry about when we are young.

13. Mr. Militant Negro
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 06:29:01

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.

14. Esther
    Nov 04, 2017 @ 06:23:01

I’m looking forward to the sun kissed highlight already 😁

You were very imaginative as a child, and boy, were you brave! 😂

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negro™

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

Love, Laughter & Truth

Judy E Martin

Author, Poet and lover of life