Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 142

img_00411

“By conquering your mind, you can conquer the world.” Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Today Spidey found a quote from the first Guru, teacher, of my religion, Sikhism because yesterday was Guru Nanak Gurpurab, or the day we celebrate what would have been his birthday.

I take a lot of strength from many of his words, as he shows such simple wisdom within them.

The quote above is something I find very true. If you ‘conquer’ your mind, show self belief, only then can you go further in your journey, and ultimately, ‘conquer; the world.

Equally, if you can steer your mind to thoughts of purity, then you are able to see the world in a clearer way, and you can make the changes that are more visible, without the fog of opinions and self doubt.

I’m off to go clear my mind, go, clear yours!

Have a Serene Sunday Peeps!

1. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 21:08:38

So true! But, it sure is hard sometimes. 😊🌻

2. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Nov 06, 2017 @ 10:30:53

3. Aimer Boyz
    Nov 05, 2017 @ 21:34:05

I’m guessing that conquering your mind makes conquering the world seem easy 🙂

Nov 05, 2017 @ 17:20:31

Thank you Sister!! Clearing out the foggy thoughts today!

Nov 05, 2017 @ 16:42:55

This is definitely true, Ritu, but it is hard to do.

Nov 05, 2017 @ 16:06:17

A wise quote indeed Sis. I certainly need to clear my mind. 🙂

7. Chris White
    Nov 05, 2017 @ 11:20:43

It’s Sunday come round again Spidey and Ritu. Happy and successful days ahead.

Nov 05, 2017 @ 11:06:08

I love that quote. How we perceive the world and experience life depends on the way we think. The power of our thoughts. And the good news: We are the master of our thoughts. Control your thoughts and you have control over your emotions which are responsible for what and how we experience. Great quote, sis!

9. Rajiv
    Nov 05, 2017 @ 07:29:57

He’s back

Nov 05, 2017 @ 07:00:01

Thank you for your wise advice Sis, have a good day yourself 💜💜💜

11. pranabaxom
    Nov 05, 2017 @ 06:10:44

Happy Gurupurab

12. Trackback: Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 142 – The Militant Negro™

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negro™

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

Love, Laughter & Truth

Judy E Martin

Author, Poet and lover of life