#SoCS Dec. 23/17 – Yule/You’ll/Yul

Linda’s prompt for SoCS this week…

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “yule/you’ll/Yul.” Start your post with one of them. Have fun!

Yule log.

Definitely a favourite pudding of mine during this festive period of Christmas!

Mind you, if there was a choice of stationing myself at the bar or the dessert station, you’ll find me near the sweet stuff, EVERY TIME!

I had a lovely yule log at my school staff Christmas party, accompanied by a mixed berry compote and ice CREAM – Yum!

We went to the shops today… the last Friday before Christmas, and it was manic, I’m sure I don’t have to tell you. The kids and I needed to venture into a food shop to pick up a few Christmas dinner essentials, like pigs in blankets, goose fat (best roast potatoes ever!) and dessert!

We ended up with a trifle, cheesecake and a profiterole tower… but no yule log! It appears my kids don’t share my love of a chocolatey swiss roll type thing!

Hmm… I’ll  bet Yul Brynner likes yule log!

(sorry, just had to slip that extra Yul in too!)

And with that, I’ll be off to take a child to a pre-Christmas birthday party… and get ready for my folks to arrive!

Happy Saturday Peeps!

1. Eden
    Dec 25, 2017 @ 03:58:44

May you eventually find that holiday delight before the whole of the Yule season vanishes for another year, Ritu.

2. joey
    Dec 24, 2017 @ 00:21:51

I love a Yule log myself. This time of year, the sweets are the best!

Dec 23, 2017 @ 16:57:49

You’ll be glad to know I am wishing you a great Yule tide. 💜💜💜💜

Dec 23, 2017 @ 16:09:59

Gosh, my mouth got watery reading your post, sis… lol!

5. Laura
    Dec 23, 2017 @ 15:01:18

You know, I’m not sure I’ve ever tried a Yul log…sounds yummy!

6. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Dec 23, 2017 @ 13:23:36

7. Jim
    Dec 23, 2017 @ 13:10:53

Happy Christmas to my most favorite UK lady. 🙂

8. Jennie
    Dec 23, 2017 @ 12:47:32

“Yu’ll” find me cleaning and readying for the big day. Merry Christmas!

Dec 23, 2017 @ 12:28:55

Have a wonderful Saturday Sister!! 🤗

10. Aman Thakur
    Dec 23, 2017 @ 11:05:07

Nice…

Dec 23, 2017 @ 10:44:46

Sounds like you have a great Christmas feast lined up, Ritu.

12. weggieboy
    Dec 23, 2017 @ 10:15:57

You’ll find me at the yule log, too! Sweets are my downfall. (Hope you appreciate my extra “yule”! )

13. Trackback: #SoCS Dec. 23/17 – Yule/You’ll/Yul – The Militant Negro™
  14. mihrank
    Dec 23, 2017 @ 05:05:52

You have a unique touch to your post – I would like to ask a favor from you – You should prepare your own book. I will support 100%%%%%