#WritePhoto – Between

Sue’s #WritePhoto Prompt this week:

I thought I’d continue the adventures of Barbie and Ken.

“So, like I said hun, I can’t do anything else. He’s just not interested.” Sindy spoke quietly into the phone, sat in a coffee shop.
“Yeah, I tried so hard to come between you too, but he didn’t take the bait once. In fact, he was more interested in talking about you. Yesterday, he spent half an hour scrolling through photos of you on his phone and showing me. There was this photo of you standing in some field, full of yellow flowers. He just stared at it for ages… Babe, he is loved up good and proper. Why do you think he’s going to play away?”
On the other end of the phone, Barbie sighed. “I don’t know Sind. It’s like he was trying too hard all the time, and I thought he was probably hiding something, you know.”
“I think you just need to realise you’ve actually got yourself a good bloke there, and be happy.”
“Yeah, I guess you’re right. I need to make it up to him when he gets back. Listen, thanks for being such a good mate. I know there are a few out there who would have jumped at the chance of breaking us up, but you’ve been amazing. See you back here, yeah?” Barbie rang off.
Sindy put the handset on the table and picked up her cup of coffee. Yeah, Ken was never going to look at her… but she still had a chance with Joey…

1. James
    Feb 22, 2018 @ 20:23:59

If I were Ken and found out Barbie had set it up with Sindy to try and seduce me, I think I’d be pretty mad at both of them.

2. Trackback: Photo prompt round-up: Between #writephoto | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo
  3. Sue Vincent
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 19:43:45

Aww… perfect for Valentines 🙂

4. Michael
    Feb 17, 2018 @ 18:27:48

Isn’t it good to know that Ken and Barbie after all this time can still have moments of angst. I’ve looked forward each week to the next bit of the K&B saga.

Feb 17, 2018 @ 04:24:44

Ken passed the test and now Joey, he’s in for a handful with Sindy….or vice versa 😀

6. dornahainds
    Feb 17, 2018 @ 00:00:13

Oh, no, that poor, sap Joe… 😎🥀😎🥀😎🥀 He could never complain of having a boring, unfulfilled life..

7. scr4pl80
    Feb 16, 2018 @ 22:35:31

Yay for Barbie and Ken. Love happy endings.

Feb 16, 2018 @ 21:17:16

Oh!poor defenceless Joey!

9. trentpmcd
    Feb 16, 2018 @ 17:45:35

A very sweet ending. Good luck with Joey, Sindy. He doesn’t seem to be the monogamous type as much as Ken, but maybe you can fix it…

10. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Feb 16, 2018 @ 17:19:04

Well now… Sindy is acting like a nice guy? Will wonders never cease