Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 64

“It is not until you become a mother that your judgement slowly turns to compassion and understanding.”  Erma Bombeck

“Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you never knew existed.” Linda Wooten

I know in the UK we have already celebrated Mother’s day this year, but many of our Blog pals in other countries will be celebrating today.

Spidey pulled out some Mommy quotes for the day.

Essentially, every day is Mother’s day. We should appreciate, and celebrate our mothers every day, not just on one specific day, but hey, if the day is there, then spoil that woman! She will have sacrificed more than you may ever know to help mould you into the being you are.

She is probably a totally different person to what she was BC (Before Children).

Once you become a mother (or parent) yourself, only then to you actually feel the sacrifices she made, understand the unquestioning love she feels for you, see how hard it is to be a mum.

I know I struggle through some days of motherhood, and my mum jokes sometimes, that it is payback time. I was an awful eater/sleeper as a young child. I drove my mum to distraction with my fussiness. When I am at the same crossroads with my own children, then my appreciation for my mum goes up ten-fold.

How did she do it?

Whatever she did, however she did it, I always say this, if I am even half the mother that she has been to me, then I will be awesome because she truly is the best!

Happy Mother’s day to all those celebrating today!

Make it a special one Peeps!

1. Trackback: Smorgasbord Open House – Poet and Blogger Ritu Bhathal | Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life
  2. jacquelineobyikocha
    May 09, 2016 @ 19:28:20

This is just beautiful Ritu. A lovely tribute to your mother and an honest expression of the challenges of being a mother. I still wonder how on Earth my mama coped with all of us?

3. Judy Martin
    May 09, 2016 @ 11:45:10

That was lovely Sis. 🙂

4. elementhealing
    May 09, 2016 @ 01:04:28

Having been told I would never be able to have children, every moment of Motherhood is such a blessing.

5. Robert Matthew Goldstein
    May 08, 2016 @ 23:43:20

Happy Mother’s Day to you…:)

6. Anna
    May 08, 2016 @ 19:33:39

Happy Mother’s day. We have Mothers day last Sunday in May, so you will have one more opportunity to celebrate Mothers 🙂
    You can never erase a Mother, then you will erase yourself. Mothers gives you life and without that, well… But I can understand those who have issues with “bad” parents. That can not be easy. I’m glad I can celebrate Mother’s day with joy 🙂

May 08, 2016 @ 17:11:00

Happy Mother’s Day, Sister! ☺️☺️☺️

8. susieshy45
    May 08, 2016 @ 16:00:11

Happiest mother’s day to you and your mum. Ritu, sometimes I read posts about how some people hate their mothers so much because they have given them so much pain. All I can say to them is put yourself in their shoes and try to see their circumstances and see if you might have been a better person. Probably not !

9. rajivbakshi
    May 08, 2016 @ 14:36:00

Happy Mothers Day from Indie Author .

10. Chris White
    May 08, 2016 @ 11:15:55

Have a good one Ritu. Also … I really think there should be a Spidey day.
    Although come to think of it ….he’s always on the web.😁😁

11. getonkimslevel
    May 08, 2016 @ 09:15:53

Happy Mother’s Day to you too. 😘😘😘

May 08, 2016 @ 06:10:23

Oh, Sis, really nailed it again. Would we have ever expected what awaits us? No, in neither way I guess. It is the most wonderful but at times also most challenging purpose/task… the quotes are beautiful. I wish you another wonderful Sunday with your kids 😊😙💖