Spidey’s Serene Sundays – Part 68

img_0904

Remembering a legend today.

RIP Muhammad Ali

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.
The man who has no imagination has no wings.
It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.
Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer.
It’s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

So many words of wisdom from a true legend, a man who changed the world of sport, and left an indelible mark on the world.

Watching all these interviews that are airing now, you feel the personality emanating from him.  He was amazing.

RIP to a true legend. your legacy lives on…

1. Becky Ellis
    Jun 05, 2016 @ 19:54:13

You are so thoughtful to remember him in such a special way.

Jun 05, 2016 @ 17:08:06

Transcended the sport and a great humanitarian.

Jun 05, 2016 @ 14:56:28

His quotes hold such deep insights. What he achieved, he achieved by himself and the blessings he thankfully took, he passed on. A gift that we had him!

4. Chris White
    Jun 05, 2016 @ 14:47:42

Yes, he will be missd. Love that quote about the mountain and pebble.
    Is Spidey wearing boxer shorts in his honour ? He does seem to be floating like a butterfly!

5. DotedOn
    Jun 05, 2016 @ 12:28:53

Beautiful quotes 🙂

6. painkills2
    Jun 05, 2016 @ 06:20:16

It’s very sad that this wonderful man had to use boxing to get his message out. I don’t care what anyone says, boxing is not a sport — it’s two men pummeling each other for money. Maybe if Mr. Ali had been able to work at a job that didn’t result in brain damage, he would still be here.

Jun 05, 2016 @ 09:13:40

So true…..
      George Foreman was speaking about him in a tribute and said “to call him a boxer is an insult, to call him the greatest boxer is not enough. He was the greatest human being in the world.” Or something like that.
      He was an insightful, entertaining human being. But I guess if he didn’t gave the platform of boxing to propel himself into everyone’s attention, what he did may not have bad as much impact….