Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 74

image

“Sometimes you need to do the right thing by yourself too, not just think of what is good for everyone else.” Ritu Bhathal

Today, I don’t even really have the energy to help Spidey an inspirational quote by someone else so, Spidey noted what I was saying to him instead!

Today is my day. By that I mean, I am not going to live it depending on a whole host of outside factors.

Of course, my own little family will be around, and things will be done accordingly, but for the rest of the world, I am not available.

It’s the end of the academic year. There is one week of term left.

As a teacher, I am dragging myself to school every day, counting the days until we can officially say holidays are here.

As a mum, I am already wondering what I need to do to keep my own two munchkins occupied over the 6 weeks.

As a wife, I know I want to give more time to my long-suffering, neglected Hubby Dearest.

But in order to do all this, I need energy, and that is what I am lacking!

I have had a hectic 2 weeks, with the emotional and mental stress of the school inspectors coming (still no result, we’ll find out in September!), visiting new pupils, and encouraging the old, and physical exhaustion due to the late nights that preparations have caused.

This is not including the over-tiredness from hosting some lovely family who came over to visit. They didn’t expect much from us, but when you have visitors, you need an alertness of some sort, and I can create that, via the second wind syndrome, but now I’m all out.

I feel the need for a charger to be plugged into me, as my battery is totally depleted!

There is a function at the temple today, and the responsible Ritu feels the need to go, but this time I have realised that the more I push myself, the harder I will find everything. So I am not going. Some people may not like that, but I don’t care!

I am chilling. We may even take the kids out somewhere later, but for now, I’m thinking of me!

So please Peeps, have a restful Sunday. Take time out for yourself as well as others out there! I plan to!

1. paintdigi
    Jul 17, 2016 @ 21:41:54

Beautiful articles and beautiful website..Bravo
    I invite you to see my creations:
    WELCOME

Jul 17, 2016 @ 20:58:19

Seriously, Sis! I don’t know how you manage this all and still are posting! I have become allergic to stress and what you write here causes me a stone in my stomach. Take a time out, cut off where you can and try to find some much-needed recovery time. It helps nobody when you break down! Take good care, Sis! 😘

Jul 17, 2016 @ 16:37:39

Take the time for you. It will be refreshing to give yourself some me time. The outside world can wait…take care Sister!

4. Rajiv
    Jul 17, 2016 @ 13:39:21

He is back! You tried to kill him last week, but he is a reilient fellow!

5. Judy Martin
    Jul 17, 2016 @ 13:00:44

Have a good rest Sis,. You certainly deserve it 🙂

Jul 17, 2016 @ 12:11:31

Good for you Ritu enjoy!

7. Chris White
    Jul 17, 2016 @ 10:49:17

‘re. Inspections. Anything not good they will already have said. So stop worrying about that. And stop sitting Spidey on the radiator. You know he doesn’t like it.
    I also share your lack of energy. You would look really cool with a couple of solar panels strapped to your back. Enough. Lucosade is good and ice(-cream.

8. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Jul 17, 2016 @ 10:20:49

You’re right. You have to take care of yourself so you can feel like taking care of others. Enjoy your day, Ritu. 😊

9. Al Lane
    Jul 17, 2016 @ 08:26:27

Rest up, Ritu. You need to look after yourself as well! ❤

10. TanGental
    Jul 17, 2016 @ 08:19:30

I’m off to the cricket. I’m rather fearful it won’t be restful and I may not breathe for long periods. Have a lovely day.