Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 140

img_00411

“Don’t sweat the small stuff… and it’s all small stuff.” – Richard Carlson

Loving the quote this morning Spidey, thank you!

Sometimes in life. we become fixated on the things we are expected to do, or what we need to achieve in order to succeed, when in reality, we look back on those same things and wonder why we were so worried.

I found myself floundering a few weeks ago. I struggled with a lot of what I now realise were little things, that ‘small stuff’ that Carlson mentions. Things really got the better of me.

Then the moment of stress passed… Things started to look brighter without me having had to do as much as I thought, and I felt much better in myself.

It happens all the time. I am a chilled out person most of the time, but I’m also human, and I guess, because I care, I get myself worked up if things don’t appear to be going how I think they should be.

But I am learning, more as I mature, that there is very little that is in our hands. So much of what happens in our life is going to happen whether we like it or not. We can prepare ourselves definitely, and the way we handle situations is our choice, but rarely can we change or stop the ‘big’ things.

So yeah, let’s not sweat the small stuff Peeps! Sweating is really rather unattractive anyway!

Have a Serene Sunday Peeps!

1. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Oct 24, 2017 @ 13:50:43

Such an important message. ๐ŸŒป

2. theteaparty2017
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 18:11:29

Hi ritu!! we think you are as strange as someone who puts milk in herbal tea! but we love you!! please follow us we are newbies – the celebri-teas xoxoxoxox

Oct 23, 2017 @ 05:37:51

Hear, hear, Ritu. I try to do this but not always successfully.

4. Anindya
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 03:47:24

Nice take….that one…..:)….yes, many times we are only cribbing…..and cribbing doesn’t help most of the times….:)

5. OIKOSโ„ข-Redaktion
    Oct 22, 2017 @ 23:11:00

6. Ritu
    Oct 22, 2017 @ 22:13:45

Thanks sis! I’m trying !!! You too ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Oct 22, 2017 @ 22:08:07

I am glad that you are not feeling as stressed now Sis. I know it is because you care and want to do your best. However, like you said, some things are just not in our hands so no point in sweating about them! Stay cool, Sis!!! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Oct 22, 2017 @ 17:37:38

Thatโ€™s right Sister, canโ€™t let the small things throw us in a loop. Well timed Spidey!!

9. vanbytheriver
    Oct 22, 2017 @ 14:29:40

One of my favorite quotes/books ever. And you are so right, it gets easier as we “mature”, wish I’d understood this a lot sooner, Ritu. Now, stop the sweating.

Oct 22, 2017 @ 13:36:59

Good quote and lines from you, sis. All that’s new for us can feel stressful until we are used to it or learn to deal with it. That’s how we grow and how we prepare ourselves for new things that appear difficult in the beginning.

11. Lisa A.
    Oct 22, 2017 @ 13:11:12

Easier said than done sometimes. I’m getting better though! ๐Ÿ˜†

Oct 22, 2017 @ 12:55:34

13. Chris White
    Oct 22, 2017 @ 11:37:08

Thank you Spidey and Ritu.

14. Madekesiworld
    Oct 22, 2017 @ 11:21:15

Serene Sunday too

15. Lucy Mitchell
    Oct 22, 2017 @ 08:32:35

Great message Ritu

16. pranabaxom
    Oct 22, 2017 @ 06:45:20

You did find the anti perspirant after all. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negroโ„ข

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

Love, Laughter & Truth

Judy E Martin

Author, Poet and lover of life