Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 195

img_00411

“Reading allows me to recharge my batteries.” – Rahul Dravid

Thank you, Spidey for this.

Last week we talked about reading chapter books to the Early Years.

I am proud to say I started. We did go for Winnie the Pooh.

And the vast majority of the children – loved it!

There were a few who lolled around on the carpet, but the rest enjoyed the story, and asked/answered questions. There was great thought going into imagining the images created by words.

I loved it. I wanted to read for longer!

That being said, I am now tired… tomorrow’s Chai and a Chat will tell you why.

I am off to recharge, and read.

• So… tell me, what are you going to do to help yourself recharge today? 😘

Have a peaceful Sunday Peeps ❤ And enjoy your week!

1. Rae Longest
    Nov 12, 2018 @ 20:16:07

Thanks for the update and quote. I LOVE hearing about your life and what’s going on in it. You are such an interesting person, and the way you write, light-heartedly and upbeat, helps me be upbeat too! Thank you!

2. Darlene
    Nov 11, 2018 @ 19:27:13

So glad the children enjoyed it. I’m sure the others will eventually get into it as well. xo

3. Rebecca Moon Ruark
    Nov 11, 2018 @ 15:30:54

I first read the Winnie the Pooh books to my kids when they were babies–in the hopes they would grow to love language and stories, and they do! So important for the little ones–glad yours enjoyed! And for us writers, reading should remain central to our lives–even during NaNo. Always helps to recharge those creativity batteries!

4. Upendra karmali
    Nov 11, 2018 @ 11:04:08

Very true ..,🕕🕔🕡🕠🕖🕢🕕

Nov 11, 2018 @ 10:33:35

I am glad about the breaks from writing since I am writing in front of the computer all week! But since I only have the weekend for writing my posts, I don’t have a choice… lol. Therefore, the little breaks when I get out of my apartment and spend time with my kids are a recharging. Have a nice Sunday, sis!

6. Bryntin
    Nov 11, 2018 @ 08:36:11

My recharge on a Sunday, after reading Spidey’s thought for the day over breakfast of course. I’ll be down walking the beach for an hour or so and cleaning and clearing it up from polluting plastic with a group of friends that have been doing this for 2 and a half years now.
    Then we’ll hit the cafe for coffee, cake and a chat, which we don’t always do in an alliterative style but we have in this comment apparently.

7. Julie G
    Nov 11, 2018 @ 07:36:22

Its like eating after exercise, needs to be done and you feel fulfilled reading after writing. 💜

Nov 11, 2018 @ 06:15:34

Reading is the most important thing to learn (academically) from there everything else slips in. You help them learn to fly. By reading to them you are opening their eyes. Well done Sis.💜💜💜

Nov 11, 2018 @ 05:19:53

How wonderful, I am so glad it worked out well with reading to the children. Very encouraging.