Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 72

photoeffect_1422795014176

“Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.” – Unknown

Spidey saw this quote and showed it to me, and you know what? It totally suits today, for my Lil Man at least!

A few months back, I had posted about his worries and problems, regarding all the assessment that children his age were (and still are) being subjected to. He was at an all time low. Being pushed beyond his limits was breaking him, and I couldn’t see him like that. On top of that, despite being a cracking little footy player, he was being overlooked, because of his size, in the team he trains with. His confidence was at an all time low. Then there was the worry about which Secondary School he would get a place at. Stress was everywhere.

But something happened.

Things became positive for him.

He got a place at the school he wanted. The tests came and went, and he tried his best (results are still not in, but we aren’t worried about that!). And he discovered a love and talent for another beautiful game, cricket.

He went for one training session, and wowed them with his left-handed bowling and was fast-tracked to the A team! Since then, his enthusiasm has known no bounds! He’s been getting wickets, and making runs too. And the culmination of playing for a good team? Today we are going to watch him playing in his first Cup final!

His father played for the local county, my brother, his uncle, played at county level, and now Lil Man is carrying the cricket torch on into the next generation.

His taster day at his new school was also a success, with him making 5 new friends. There was always a niggle that his size would mean that he could get picked on. Β He’s a little pocket rocket, you know! I asked how things were, and he said “Cool! Even my new friends are my size!” The confidence is growing, day by day.

So proud of my Lil Man! Hope all his dreams come true!

And there is a lesson in this. No matter what our worries, or shortcomings, it is vital to always have that dream. Don’t allow those negatives to hold you back, instead, let your hopes and dreams grow wings, and fly you to the heights of success.

Stay safe and have a great Sunday Peeps!

Jul 03, 2016 @ 17:37:04

Awesome, Sister! Dream on and congrats to Lil Man for the positive happenings he is experiencing!

2. Bee Halton
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 16:22:54

Amen :-)! to that!

Jul 03, 2016 @ 13:36:16

Aa wonderful, positive message, Spidey. I am so happy that everything is starting to pick up for Lil Man and you must be extremely proud of him and his positive attitude.
    How wonderful that he has taken up cricket like his dad and uncle, and that he is doing so well already. I wish him all the best sis, he deserves it πŸ™‚

Jul 03, 2016 @ 10:47:26

I couldn’t agree more, Sis πŸ˜‰ And even when things don’t turn out the way we hoped for they might lead to something better which again made the worries before unnecessary. Great message, Sis!

5. stevetanham
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 10:14:45

Lovely happenings!

6. Chris White
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 08:38:59

Cricket, lovely cricket.
    Morning Spidey and Ritu.

7. Rajiv
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 06:53:47

Ah, my friend is back!

8. Bun Karyudo
    Jul 03, 2016 @ 06:27:13

It’s great to hear that he’s doing so well. I’m glad he enjoys cricket. I don’t know much about the sport, except that at the professional level it take three and a half months to finish a game (okay 3-5 days), but if he loves it, that’s good enough for me.

Even better is the news that he’s made five friends. I know from personal experience how tough school can be if you find yourself unlucky enough to get picked on. Getting off to a good start at his new school is excellent! Well done him!

πŸ˜€