Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 86

img_0041

“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou

Reading this, it made me think that no matter what you are going through, or how bad you think you have it, there is always someone worse off than you.

We can all be someone’s ‘rainbow’.

It’s not hard you know.

It doesn’t take much to shine a light on someone’s darkness.

There are times a simple smile will brighten a gloomy day, it may be offering to lend a hand, or taking a little extra responsibility to give another person a break. You may just want to be the shoulder they need to lean on, or the ear for them to offload.

It doesn’t have to mean going out of your way, but believe me when I say these little things, that may not seem to be of importance to you, can change another person’s outlook from negative to positive.

Go on Peeps. Try and be that rainbow to someone today!

Happy Sunday!

1. girlandworld
    Oct 10, 2016 @ 20:22:59

We surely can all be someone’s rainbow

2. Southern by Design
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 20:36:35

Lovely & positive!! Thank you 😊

3. Anna
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 20:29:45

I think I was a rainbow to many people today, but at the same time a irritating object to some other people with big egos.

Oct 09, 2016 @ 18:32:43

Thank you for your rainbow Sister 🌈 😊

5. Barb Knowles
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 17:52:12

I just came back from a weekend retreat with my church. This fits perfectly with my thoughts this morning. Focus on what we can do to brighten someone else’s day. Perhaps especially if we are going through a hard time ourselves. Thank you πŸ™‚

6. Becky Ellis
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 14:55:06

Thank you for sharing this happy thought Ritu! It’s an appropriate thought for today since it’s been raining hard for the past few days and today the sunshine is peeking through the clouds…I will be looking for that rainbow today!

7. Lucy Mitchell
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 14:34:44

You were my sunshine Ritu ☺️

Oct 09, 2016 @ 14:32:37

I love that quote a lot! A simple smile can be enough. When we are a rainbow in someone’s cloud our own world looks automatically brighter. Wonderful Sunday thought, Sis πŸ’–

9. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 14:21:18

Wonderful reminder to be thankful and kind. Happy Sunday! πŸ™‚ xo

10. colinandray
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 11:13:44

I know you do Ritu! It comes through in your writings! Have a wonderful Sunday πŸ™‚

11. Tony Burgess
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 11:03:25

Everyone has a burden, sharing that load together would make a big difference for so many who are in need.

12. colinandray
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 10:54:05

“I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.”
    You are so right Ritu in that things can always be so much worse. Being a rainbow can be as simple as cheerful “Good Morning” accompanied by a smile. Even a smile on its own has huge value. I certainly appreciate a friendly smile, and I would guess that everybody else does as well! πŸ™‚

13. Unchronicled Narratives
    Oct 09, 2016 @ 06:07:12

That’s a great thought that is often ignored because of our busy life.