Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 95

wp-1477780170436.jpg

“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

Spidey was obviously thinking of my Lil Man when he found this quote, on this fine Sunday.

Those of you that regularly read my blog will know that last week passed with plenty of drama in his little life. After a nasty hit on the head the previous Thursday, by a football, he was suffering concussion. As it was a hit to the same place he had managed to get concussed from 2 years ago, it was a little bit of a worry.

He was in a lot of pain every day.

But credit where credit is due. Every night he would be the positive one, saying “I’ll see tomorrow mummy, I want to go to school.”

Every morning he would wake, eat breakfast and try to get ready, before he admitted that it hurt too much.

On Thursday, I was going to call the school and say that we would just leave him off for the week, and try again on Monday.

He stopped me and said “No mummy, I still want to try to go to school tomorrow.”

I was so proud of him this week. Seriously.

Despite being unwell, he was a true soldier and attempted to get himself ready, before admitting defeat.

I know plenty of people who would milk an injury or illness for all it’s worth, and if the doctor says a week or two of rest, well they would just take if, even if they only needed a day or two!

But not my boy!

So we will see what Monday holds for him. If today is anything to go by, he will be fine!

But it is a lesson for us all, to never stop trying, or hoping that things will get better.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday my dear Peeps!

1. Echo
    Dec 11, 2016 @ 21:09:52

Absolutely lovely.

Dec 11, 2016 @ 17:21:10

Dear Lil Man, what a trooper he is. You are right Sis, many people would have milked it for all it was worth, but he has a good work ethic (obviously inherited from his parents) as well as a positive attitude. I hope he is back to 100% tomorrow xx

Dec 11, 2016 @ 15:22:44

This attitude is really amazing and a hard lesson to learn being reasonable. I am so glad, he can finally give it a real try on Monday!

Dec 11, 2016 @ 14:00:17

Glad he is finally on the mend !! ❀ Such a trouper bless him!!

5. colinandray
    Dec 11, 2016 @ 12:52:01

The beauty about his attitude is that he will get back into his routines much faster than someone who keeps playing the “poor me” card! Attitude really is such a powerful resource. πŸ™‚

6. stevetanham
    Dec 11, 2016 @ 09:59:31

Wishing you Lil Man a speedy spidey recovery!

7. insanitybytes22
    Dec 11, 2016 @ 06:16:15

I love that quote. It’s one of my favorites. So glad to hear the head is healing. πŸ™‚

Dec 11, 2016 @ 08:53:16

It is a wonderful quote.
      Head is much better but now I’m contending with a husband with man flu and a daughter who appears to have caught the D & V bug… Alongside a twisted thumb where hubby accidentally sat on it!
      I still have 8 more school days to go… I have made no preparations for Christmas and feel like my head will explode!!!