Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 109 #musicalmarch special

Spidey

 “Before becoming a Sikh, a Muslim, a Hindu or a Christian, let’s become a human first.” – Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Spidey and I may have shared this before, but thinking of life, and how we are all treating each other right now, I think our first Guru had wise words to say.

Today I share a shabad (hymn) with lyrics and translation below.

Beautiful rendition by Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji Srinagar Wale

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਹਉ ਚੇਰੁਲੀ ਸੋ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ॥
jaa parabh kee hau chayrulee so sabh te oochaa.
I am God’s maid-servant; He is the highest of all.

ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤਾ ਕਾ ਕਾਂਢੀਐ ਥੋਰਾ ਅਰੁ ਮੂਚਾ ॥੧॥
sabh kichh ta ka kaandhiye thoraa ar moocha. ||1||
All things, big and small, are said to belong to Him. ||1||

ਜੀਅ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਮੇਰਾ ਧਨੋ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੀ ਮਨੀਆ ॥
jiye praan mera dhano saahib ki maneya.
I surrender my soul, my breath of life, and my wealth, to my Lord Master.

ਨਾਮਿ ਜਿਸੈ ਕੈ ਊਜਲੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਦਾਸੀ ਗਨੀਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
naam jise ke oojlee tis daasi ganeeya. ||1|| rahaa-o.
Through His Name, I become radiant; I am known as His slave. ||1||Pause||

ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ਅਨੰਦ ਮੈ ਨਾਉ ਮਾਣਕ ਹੀਰਾ ॥
veparvaahu anand mai nau maanak heera.
You are Carefree, the Embodiment of Bliss. Your Name is a gem, a jewel.

ਰਜੀ ਧਾਈ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਤੂੰ ਮੀਰਾ ॥੨॥
rajee dhaai sadaa sukh ja ka toon meera. ||2||
One who has You as her Master, is satisfied, satiated and happy forever. ||2||

ਸਖੀ ਸਹੇਰੀ ਸੰਗ ਕੀ ਸੁਮਤਿ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਵਉ ॥
sakhi saheree sang ki sumat darirhaavau.
O my companions and fellow maidens, please implant that balanced understanding within me.

ਸੇਵਹੁ ਸਾਧੂ ਭਾਉ ਕਰਿ ਤਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਵਉ ॥੩॥
sevhu sadhu bhau kar tau nidh har paavo. ||3||
Serve the Holy Saints lovingly, and find the treasure of the Lord. ||3||

ਸਗਲੀ ਦਾਸੀ ਠਾਕੁਰੈ ਸਭ ਕਹਤੀ ਮੇਰਾ ॥
sagli daasi thaakurey sabh kehte mera.
All are servants of the Lord Master, and all call Him their own.

ਜਿਸਹਿ ਸੀਗਾਰੇ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਸੁਖਹਿ ਬਸੇਰਾ ॥੪॥੧੫॥੧੧੭॥
jisahi seegaaray naankaa tis sukheh basayraa. ||4||15||117||
She alone dwells in peace, O Nanak, whom the Lord adorns. ||4||15||117|
Have a blessed Sunday Peeps ☺

19 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. willowdot21
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 19:39:15

    Amen 💜💝

    Liked by 1 person

    Reply

  2. syl65
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 17:05:21

    Blessings and harmony to you and the fam Sister 💜

    Liked by 1 person

    Reply

  3. Erika Kind
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 13:58:23

    I always loved this!!! God has no religion! God simply is love. The love that makes life possible!

    Liked by 1 person

    Reply

  4. stevetanham
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 09:25:06

    Beautiful words, ideas and music.

    Liked by 1 person

    Reply

  5. Judy E Martin
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 08:39:16

    Beautiful Sis. I love Spidey’s words of wisdom toda, so very releveant in today’s unsettled world.

    Liked by 1 person

    Reply

  6. robbiesinspiration
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 08:07:17

    Lovely, Ritu. Thanks for sharing something I never would have know about.

    Liked by 1 person

    Reply

  7. potatosandwich
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 08:04:05

    Lovely shabad, I grew up listening to Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji, beautiful voice.

    Liked by 1 person

    Reply

  8. Rajiv
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 06:08:38

    Well, given the madman that our beloved Prime Minister has made Chief Minister of UP, he would be well advised to read this

    My friend from Arunachal is wise indeed

    Liked by 1 person

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

My interactive peeps!

Peeps are reading in…

Flag Counter
The Bryntin Project

'Project' might infer more planning than actually takes place

Mint Tea and Elephants

Beach bum impersonating a writer.

Unseen beauty

A blind blogger's thoughts on beauty products, wellness, food and travel

Chi's Secret Diary

Diary of a not so young woman

Fightmsdaily

Living life with a chronic illness is definitely not easy. But I do my best to push through all the barriers this illness puts in front of me! In my heart and mind, I believe maintaining a positive outlook on all situations in life will carry us through to much better times! I hope you find the information that I provide both helpful and inspirational!

Rust Belt Girl

reading and writing the Rust Belt

Therapy Bits

Living life with dissociative identity disorder and complex ptsd

%d bloggers like this: