Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 109 #musicalmarch special

Spidey

“Before becoming a Sikh, a Muslim, a Hindu or a Christian, let’s become a human first.” – Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Spidey and I may have shared this before, but thinking of life, and how we are all treating each other right now, I think our first Guru had wise words to say.

Today I share a shabad (hymn) with lyrics and translation below.

Beautiful rendition by Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji Srinagar Wale

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਹਉ ਚੇਰੁਲੀ ਸੋ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ॥
jaa parabh kee hau chayrulee so sabh te oochaa.
I am God’s maid-servant; He is the highest of all.

ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤਾ ਕਾ ਕਾਂਢੀਐ ਥੋਰਾ ਅਰੁ ਮੂਚਾ ॥੧॥
sabh kichh ta ka kaandhiye thoraa ar moocha. ||1||
All things, big and small, are said to belong to Him. ||1||

ਜੀਅ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਮੇਰਾ ਧਨੋ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੀ ਮਨੀਆ ॥
jiye praan mera dhano saahib ki maneya.
I surrender my soul, my breath of life, and my wealth, to my Lord Master.

ਨਾਮਿ ਜਿਸੈ ਕੈ ਊਜਲੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਦਾਸੀ ਗਨੀਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
naam jise ke oojlee tis daasi ganeeya. ||1|| rahaa-o.
Through His Name, I become radiant; I am known as His slave. ||1||Pause||

ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ਅਨੰਦ ਮੈ ਨਾਉ ਮਾਣਕ ਹੀਰਾ ॥
veparvaahu anand mai nau maanak heera.
You are Carefree, the Embodiment of Bliss. Your Name is a gem, a jewel.

ਰਜੀ ਧਾਈ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਤੂੰ ਮੀਰਾ ॥੨॥
rajee dhaai sadaa sukh ja ka toon meera. ||2||
One who has You as her Master, is satisfied, satiated and happy forever. ||2||

ਸਖੀ ਸਹੇਰੀ ਸੰਗ ਕੀ ਸੁਮਤਿ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਵਉ ॥
sakhi saheree sang ki sumat darirhaavau.
O my companions and fellow maidens, please implant that balanced understanding within me.

ਸੇਵਹੁ ਸਾਧੂ ਭਾਉ ਕਰਿ ਤਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਵਉ ॥੩॥
sevhu sadhu bhau kar tau nidh har paavo. ||3||
Serve the Holy Saints lovingly, and find the treasure of the Lord. ||3||

ਸਗਲੀ ਦਾਸੀ ਠਾਕੁਰੈ ਸਭ ਕਹਤੀ ਮੇਰਾ ॥
sagli daasi thaakurey sabh kehte mera.
All are servants of the Lord Master, and all call Him their own.

ਜਿਸਹਿ ਸੀਗਾਰੇ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਸੁਖਹਿ ਬਸੇਰਾ ॥੪॥੧੫॥੧੧੭॥
jisahi seegaaray naankaa tis sukheh basayraa. ||4||15||117||
She alone dwells in peace, O Nanak, whom the Lord adorns. ||4||15||117|
Have a blessed Sunday Peeps ☺

Mar 19, 2017 @ 19:39:15

Amen 💜💝

Mar 19, 2017 @ 17:05:21

Blessings and harmony to you and the fam Sister 💜

Mar 19, 2017 @ 13:58:23

I always loved this!!! God has no religion! God simply is love. The love that makes life possible!

4. stevetanham
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 09:25:06

Beautiful words, ideas and music.

Mar 19, 2017 @ 08:39:16

Beautiful Sis. I love Spidey’s words of wisdom toda, so very releveant in today’s unsettled world.

Mar 19, 2017 @ 08:07:17

Lovely, Ritu. Thanks for sharing something I never would have know about.

7. potatosandwich
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 08:04:05

Lovely shabad, I grew up listening to Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji, beautiful voice.

8. Rajiv
    Mar 19, 2017 @ 06:08:38

Well, given the madman that our beloved Prime Minister has made Chief Minister of UP, he would be well advised to read this

My friend from Arunachal is wise indeed

The Inspirational Warrior

Blogging about little things we can do to Improve our Mental Health and our Financial Health

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negro™

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.