Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 365 – Rain

img_00411

“The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops,. Eventually.”

Eeyore

Thanks, Spidey! Since it hasn’t stopped raining much, here the last few days, it’s a good thing to get positive about it, since we can’t change it!

The weather, as is expected here in the UK, is extremely changeable, especially right now during that Spring cusp. Not so much April showers, rather showers as and when the clouds decide to empty their load, and sometimes their loads are rather full!

Rain on school days is a bit of a pain, because the kids need to get out and run around, but if it’s tipping it down, wet play means they are like caged animals, craving the feel of fresh air, and it doesn’t make for an easy class to teach, either!

But, as my friend Eeyore says, it will stop, eventually, and usually the sun decides to pop out after.

Yes, it can be a pain when rain stops events happening, but to be perfectly frank, for me it is a great excuse to be sat at home with my book!

So, what do you think of the rain?

namaste

Wishing you a wonderfully peaceful Sunday, Peeps!

1. Carol anne
    May 02, 2022 @ 12:07:36

I agree with you Ritu. I love the rain because it means i can curl up with my book which I love to do on any day!

2. Marje @ Kyrosmagica
    Mar 12, 2022 @ 12:02:04

It’s brightening up but yes weather hasn’t been great. Nice to see some sunshine!

Mar 12, 2022 @ 11:48:06

We had a lot of rain this past week too, Ritu. I kept thinking of Henry Higgins teaching Eliza Doolittle to speak English with the song about the rain falling on the plain in Spain. It felt like all that rain was falling on the African plain but it seems you got some too. Hehe.

4. thereluctantpoet
    Mar 07, 2022 @ 15:47:26

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

5. Jennie
    Mar 07, 2022 @ 13:34:31

The weather here has gone from springtime temps, to a foot of snow, rain and wind. A little of everything!

6. OIKOS™- Art, Books & more
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 23:07:06

Oh, children with dirty shoes coming back into the classroom. I can feel with you, Sis! Especially if the cleaning personal is coming only some days in the week. My love for rain depends on the season. Think on wonderful romantic moments during summer rain. Lol Best wishes, Michael

Mar 07, 2022 @ 06:21:32

Cleaners come daily, but it’s not the mess we worry about. Kids need fresh air, and when it rains too much and they can’t go out, they go a little wild!

7. OIKOS™- Art, Books & more
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 23:04:52

Mar 06, 2022 @ 16:05:41

Some rainy days are relaxing but no one wants to feel like there in a chicken coop. I hope you are having a somewhat relaxing day, Sis 🙏🏽💜

Mar 06, 2022 @ 14:39:20

I love rain if I am indoors and cosy💜💜

10. Annette Rochelle Aben
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 12:24:07

Rain is a blessing!

11. beth
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 10:18:26

i absolutely love the rain, but as a teacher of young children, like you, if there is too much of it, everyone gets squirrel-y )

12. Books & Bonsai
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 10:06:52

You sound a little better today, Ritu…

13. CJ
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 09:51:33

I love the rain, and the greenness of everything too. Wales is my favourite place and it is just so beautifully green there. The dog doesn’t agree with me and hates walking in the rain. And the children still hate wet break times at secondary school, definitely a hint of the caged animals about it all as you say. CJ xx

14. Erika
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 09:51:06

Basically, I don’t mind the rain. Most of all in summer when it goes along with a thunderstorm. I love that wild energy of nature. But I also can enjoy some rainy days which radiate some coziness and calmness… except it goes on for more than 3 or 4 days… lol

15. Darlene
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 09:42:20

A rainy day here in Spain as well. Dogs and I are staying inside. A good day to get some writing done.

16. April Munday
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 09:40:42

What I think about the rain depends on what I want to do and what time of year it is. If it’s June and the water butts are empty, I want it to rain. If it’s December and I’m going for a run, I’d rather it didn’t.

17. Steve Tanham
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 08:01:22

Cumbria gets record rainfall, Ritu, but we ‘green and bear it’! To see the Lakes full and ready for Spring is worth it all 😊

18. Rajiv
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 07:11:40

Rain is good!!

19. Carol anne
    Mar 06, 2022 @ 05:51:08

Like you Ritu, for me, the rain is a great time to be at home curled up on the sofa with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book!