Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 96

wp-1477780170436.jpg

“Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” – Yoko Ono

Thanks for this one Spidey.

It’s a reminder I feel a heck of a lot of people I know could do with right now.

If you know me, you’ll know that I seldom have anything but a smile on my face. I rarely plaster foundation and cosmetics on my face, my makeup is my smile.

And as long as I have a smile on my face, there is so much in life that feels easier to deal with.

I’m not a total dreamer though. I know that having a smile plastered on your face 24/7 is not going to magically make all problems disappear.

In fact, many of those that have a smile regularly, are often those who are going through a lot in the background of their life, but like a clown, that smile masks everything else.

It’s true of me too. Life is seldom smooth sailing. There is always something bubbling away in my mind, but for me, facing life with a smile really does help.

It’s also good exercise, you know! We use more muscles to smile than to frown!

And a smile is often contagious. If you beam at someone, or give a little smile, you’ll often receive one in return, or if you don’t you may have given someone a little spark of positivity that they will hopefully allow to ignite into a full smile a bit later!

I found a lovely article here on some facts about smiling. Be sure to check it out!

So make sure you smile Peeps, at yourself, and at others. It’ll make for a better day! πŸ™‚

1. New Journey
    Dec 22, 2016 @ 01:32:40

One of my favorite things I used to do was always smile at work, no matter….it would keep people thinking what the heck is she always smiling about!!! it is contagious….Happy Holidays…..kat

2. ShethP
    Dec 18, 2016 @ 18:15:11

Smiles are precious. πŸ™‚ I came across a lady yesterday whose smile seemed to light up the room and I wouldn’t have forgiven myself had I not complimented her smile. Glad I did. It may seem like a small thing, but smiling can be infectious. πŸ™‚

Dec 18, 2016 @ 18:14:14

A smile does lift us up.. thank you Sister! 😊

4. dornahainds
    Dec 18, 2016 @ 15:55:13

When you smile, the world smiles with you. πŸ˜‰

Dec 18, 2016 @ 15:38:25

I am like that too Sis. I always have a smile on my face, and try and have a little joke with my patients no matter how I am feeling πŸ™‚

6. colinandray
    Dec 18, 2016 @ 14:36:06

The benefits of smiling! Sometimes it would appear to be humanity’s best kept secret! πŸ™‚

Dec 18, 2016 @ 12:19:09

That quote speaks a lot to me since I started doing that about 10 years ago due to my little self-esteem. I agree, that many who are having a smile on their face are dealing with very tough situations. The tougher the situation the more important it is to smile because it helps to lift above the situation, detach from it, and gain energy to deal with it!

Dec 18, 2016 @ 10:54:31

Smiling at others really makes a difference. People usually react so positively.