Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 141

img_00411

“If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it.” Lucy Larcom

I love this quote, thanks, Spidey!

It is all too easy to point out the things that are wrong with the world, our surroundings, our life, but sometimes, if we step back and think about it there is always something that we could do, big or small, that could make a difference to how we go on to view that same world/surrounding/life.

From learning to say yes/no, to a random act of kindness, a few coins in a charity pot, or knocking on your elderly neighbour’s door to offer your help, it all helps to create a better world, and a better you too!

If your world seems cold and quiet, try and arrange a get together of your friends. Surrounding yourself with people you love and soon, your world will warm up.

When things at work are getting you down, think what it is that is working you up. Is it the work, the volume, the expectations, the pressure? If there is a way you can speak to someone to help lessen the pressure, do it, or try and prioritize your work. Create a schedule so you can keep up with things. Ultimately, if you are unhappy, is it the job itself that isn’t right for you? What can you do to make it better? Are you in a position where you can change careers?

Whatever seems cold, there is a way you can try and warm it up… just look at it from a different perspective and go, kindle those fires!!!!

Have a Serene Sunday Peeps!

1. kindredspirit23
    Nov 09, 2017 @ 18:28:48

I did this…growing more and more unhappy with my job, I finally “heard the word” on a Friday and quit that next Monday. That enabled me to go back to school, get my additional degree and to teach special ed for 6+ years before having a stroke. And that stroke has changed my life, but it is mostly for the better – I just feel it.
    Scott

2. Lisa A.
    Oct 31, 2017 @ 05:14:04

Love it! 😍 How could I miss Spidey?? πŸ˜‘ Glad I found him!

3. OIKOSβ„’-Redaktion
    Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:06:33

4. Chris White
    Oct 29, 2017 @ 22:50:22

Well Spidey. I am actually writing this comment on my Kindle Fire. So that must surely count as kindling fires. πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸŽΆπŸŒΉπŸ”«πŸ”«πŸ”«πŸŽΊπŸŽΊπŸŽΊ

Oct 29, 2017 @ 20:22:58

Very good advice Spidey. πŸ™‚ πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Oct 29, 2017 @ 18:01:48

We don’t have to sit back and can always step up and make things around us warmer. I hope Sunday is being good to you Sister!

7. Fourth Generation Farmgirl
    Oct 29, 2017 @ 14:27:10

Wonderful post and advice! Thanks, Spidey. πŸ™‚ Enjoy your Sunday, Ritu!

Oct 29, 2017 @ 10:56:44

Just grabbing the matchesπŸ’œπŸ’œ Sis 🌹

Oct 29, 2017 @ 10:30:48

Wonderful quote! If things appear to tear you down then do something that makes you rise again. I love your tips and can only agree. I did/do the same and when even you cannot change something immediately it helps to get your through!

10. aka Cibo the Pasty Poet
    Oct 29, 2017 @ 06:18:00

Thank you, Spidey. G:)

Oct 29, 2017 @ 06:12:52

This is a really super post, Ritu. I am sure that it will resonate with a lot of people in the current political, social and economic environment of the world.

12. bethanyk
    Oct 29, 2017 @ 06:07:37

I donned my spidey costume today to make my daughter laugh. Funny you posted this

Last Bench

Not all stories have a happy ending!

Atrangi Zindagi Ka Safar

Celebrating life

Shit Stevie Says

Good Shit, bad shit, funny shit, sad shit. Maybe I'll inspire you! Or maybe I won't... Perhaps I'll talk about worldly matters, or maybe my not so subtle obsession with aliens, or (if you're really lucky) I just might one day give insight on how to make the worlds best sandwich. Guess you'll only find out if you read. So sit back, grab a glass of wine (because there is a 100% chance I indulged in one while writing), and enjoy. Welcome to the enigma that is my brain. My name is Stevie Jackson, and I have shit to say.

ShiftnShake

Home-brewed writing & distilled reading

My Dad Is A Goldfish

Caring for a demented dad

The Militant Negroβ„’

Social Justice. Food. The Arts. Thoughts. Ideas. Opinions. Facts. Truth.

Orienthailiving.

Phad Thai to Apple Pie

Love, Laughter & Truth

Judy E Martin

Author, Poet and lover of life