Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 157

img_00411

“It’s not me, it’s you.” – Anon

Something to think about here, thanks, Spidey.

Often, we find ourselves in a situation, where we blame ourselves for difficulties, and worries that surround us.

It can eat away at us, sometimes causing us to change who we are.

There are times it is easier to say ” Sorry, it’s not you, it’s me…” when that is the exact opposite of the truth.

If we are to sit back and think about the situation, it can become apparent that we are not the ones in the wrong – they are – they just can’t see it.

At times like these, it is important to hold on to yourself, keep your faith in yourself, and keep it in your mind, that it’s not you, it’s them.

Don’t blame yourself for another person’s problem. Instead be there as a quiet support. In time they will realise their mistake, especially when they realise you are not bowing down to them.

Stay positive πŸ™‚

Happy Sunday Peeps!

Feb 18, 2018 @ 19:22:38

Wise words as ever Spidey! πŸ’œ

2. elementhealing
    Feb 18, 2018 @ 17:45:14

It is so easy to take the blame isn’t it? We need to honor ourselves enough to understand that we aren’t here to fix anybody but us. We can and should be a catalyst for growth and change for others. Ultimately the decision is theirs and, as you said, all we can do is be there for them until they see the need to change.

Feb 18, 2018 @ 17:57:16

It’s taken me a long while to realise this, but yes,m sometimes we have to be patient enough to ride it out, and strong enough not to crumble and take the blame for situations unnecessarily.

Feb 18, 2018 @ 17:19:14

Boy, do I hear you, Ritu. I my world, it is usually men who are like this.

Feb 18, 2018 @ 16:08:35

Hits home deeply Sister!

Feb 18, 2018 @ 13:42:59

So many people blame themselves in the first place for what happens. And then there are those who always blame others because they don’t want to take responsibility for what they did. I think it is in finding an objective place to take responsibility for what we did but not blaming ourselves for everything.

6. Rae Longest
    Feb 18, 2018 @ 12:29:34

Thanks for the insights.

7. Rajiv
    Feb 18, 2018 @ 08:11:22

My friend from Arunachal Pradesh is a wise fella indeed

8. mihrank
    Feb 18, 2018 @ 07:46:57

you have gathered a great combination and needed to so many different situation!!

9. April Munday
    Feb 18, 2018 @ 07:33:17

The difficulty, of course, is in being rational and distanced enough to know that it’s definitely not me. I’ve got it wrong in the past and I’m sure I’ll get it wrong in the future.

10. Dorinda Duclos
    Feb 18, 2018 @ 06:17:38

You have no idea how perfect this post is for me right now. Thank you!!!

11. Noor_87Khan
    Feb 18, 2018 @ 06:13:28

So true..we shouldn’t be so harsh to ourselves

Feb 18, 2018 @ 08:23:13

It’s really important to realise that there are times we aren’t to blame, and nothing we can do will make a difference… at that time. Thanks for commenting!