Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 165 – Achieving Goal

img_00411

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”

Walt Disney

A lovely quote Spidey, very fitting for my recent achievements too!

As many of you know, I finally finished writing my first draft on my WIP – my 18-year-old writing project.

I wrote seven chapters before starting the blog in November 2014. Those seven chapters had been crafted fourteen years previously.

That was when my novel dream was born.

And I continued to dream, but life, and maybe an element of laziness crept in.

I mentioned my idea and fledgeling manuscript to a few friends and family members who were encouraging, but I still didn’t actually do anything with it.

Instead, I had babies, then restarted my teaching career.

But my book baby?

That story wasn’t going to write itself.

Plucking courage from the support of fellow bloggers, I posted those chapters, in order to get some feedback and an idea as to whether it was something worth pursuing.

Boy, did those of you who read it give me a jolt! (In a really positive way!)

I needed to continue it! And I talked (wrote) about it incessantly, but another 2 years went by before I actually took to the screen again, to try and achieve my dream.

My #RiNoWriMo project in August added another 60,000 words to the project, and I was exhausted. It wasn’t finished, but I could see the end!

It took another seven months before I took to it again, but I did a lot of ‘talking’ about my teenage WIP… and how I wanted to finish it… before finally taking that last step and getting to the end.

So, instead of talking too much more, I embarked on a Camp RiNo, and just went for it.

And now, I have that full first draft manuscript in my hands, it feels so good!

The dream of publishing it is still a little while away, but the fact that I have a full story written is the first, huge step that I have taken to reach my goal.

And I WILL get there!

Is there anything you have really wanted; a dream you wish to fulfil, or a goal you want to achieve? Tell me about it in the comments, then start planning how you can actually reach it!!!

Stay positive 🙂

Happy Sunday Peeps!

1. thereluctantpoet
    Apr 19, 2018 @ 05:34:52

Congrats Ritu!! We are all so happy and proud of your accomplishment! Just a few more steps for your dream to come true. Post this on you bathroom mirror to get you through the last few steps!!

“What have you done, today, to make your dreams come true?”
    Love and Big Hugs,
    Chuck
    And thank you, My Dear with all that you have going on in your life to find time to read my words! I hope you will always find them worthy of your time!!
    xoxo

2. Rae Longest
    Apr 16, 2018 @ 13:47:44

What a sense of satisfaction you must feel being finished with the writing of your WIP! And, like wine, it has probably improved with age from the time of its inception.

3. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Apr 15, 2018 @ 19:09:49

I am sure you will reach the goal, Ritu! Here is a motivational song for you. Think also the bird and Sonu Singh will love em. LOL

Have a sucessful week ahead. Michael

4. OIKOS™-Redaktion
    Apr 15, 2018 @ 19:08:28

Apr 15, 2018 @ 18:58:56

When we can dream it, we can be it! Too many still don’t believe it. But those who do finish their WIP 😉

Apr 15, 2018 @ 18:10:09

I am so proud of you, Ritu, for finishing your book. I am sure you still have a bit of a way to go to get it published but it is so much easier to work with a completed book and story outline.

7. Anna
    Apr 15, 2018 @ 13:31:25

Achieving goals…hmmmm…I could be a lot better on that. Thanks for writing this post. Your words reminds me again that I should work harder for achieving my creative goals. At work I’m good in achieving goals, but when it comes to my creative projects I’m the opposite. That’s sad and I need to change that. I have so many good ideas I want to try. I better keep working on them, not just think of them 🙂

8. Dee Kelly
    Apr 15, 2018 @ 10:47:05

Great job finishing your draft! I can’t wait to read about you publishing it! I too have always wanted to be an author and have been working towards that goal!

Apr 15, 2018 @ 10:59:24

Thanks Dee! I’ll try to share every step. I think it’s good to share. So many others are I similar boats and sometimes scared to ask questions or put their own experiences out There 📚😊

9. shelleywilson72