Spidey’s Serene Sunday – Part 270 – Knowledge

img_00411

“Spend each day trying to be a little wiser than when you woke up.”

Anon

Well, thank you for that one, Spidey. It’s quite appropriate for me, and many others, right now, too.

During this strange time of lockdown, we have been granted the gift of time.

I know, sometimes, it doesn’t feel like it, but we have.

There is the extra time in the day where you would be commuting to work, Or if you are working from home, you might find that as other businesses are in the same boat, there is less to do, so you gain more time there.

So why not use that extra time to be productive? Do things to improve your own self?

At the beginning, I had all sorts of plans, then the whole change of lifestyle rendered me incapable of doing anything.

I adopted the mantra du jour of “It’s not a normal time, it’s okay to not be productive.”

A couple of weeks in and I settled into a routine: my #newnormal.

Though I still have to go into school, periodically, and, when I am home, I need to makes sure the kids are up and ready for their remote learning, as well as doing some online training myself, and planning. I still find myself with time.

Time to do other things.

So I’m reading more. I’m (finally) writing more. I have started back up with a writing course I signed up to last year, and nearly finished it.

And I have even done an Instagram course, on how to build a brand there.

I’ve done two modules of a course in Calligraphy. (It’s all been theory so far, but I look forward to the practical bit!)

And I have been learning about Scrivener, a new to me piece of software that I have invested in, to help with my writing.

Last night, I watched a free webinar about some basics on the software and it blew my mind! I am so excited to use it now, knowing a few more tricks of the trade, and I have signed up for another course, in more detail, so I can learn exactly how this software will be useful to me.

See, learning new things every day, here!

And the best thing?

Once I’ve learned it, I know my knowledge may be of use to someone I know, and I can pass it on.

After all, to learn, is to teach, is it not?

So… tell me, what is something new you have learned, over these strange lockdown times?

Have a peaceful Sunday Peeps.  And enjoy your week! ❤

1. Jennie
    May 06, 2020 @ 02:22:55

Learning new things is exciting!

2. potatosandwich
    May 04, 2020 @ 09:11:02

Now that’s what I call being productive and sticking to it. So many of us must have kicked off like a stream train in those early weeks of lockdown, but this last phase has been hard I would guess. But well done on staying productive!!

3. thereluctantpoet
    May 04, 2020 @ 01:34:05

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

4. Rae Reads
    May 03, 2020 @ 19:43:06

I am learning to teach on line for the first time, and WRITING, believe it or not. If any course begs to be taught face to face; it’s writing! Somehow the students and I are managing. They are not the most patient, nor am I vey skilled, but each new piece that helps me do things easier is FASCINATING. Here I am at the age of 75 learning new tricks. Who would have “thunk” it? LOL

5. robertawrites235681907
    May 03, 2020 @ 18:32:20

I am glad you are using this extra time well, Ritu. I don’t have much extra time at all, I actually think I have less now except that we aren’t having afternoon teas on Sundays with family any more. I am trying to manage as best I can.

6. johnrieber
    May 03, 2020 @ 17:56:02

Rita, your Instagram is a content source of delight – the funny videos and pics are terrific!

7. Erika
    May 03, 2020 @ 16:28:24

I think whether we provoke/want it or not, we will learn new things every day anyway. Some may not be in the foreground but they happen until a few accumulate and become a big insight. Taking it easier is one of them 😄

8. OIKOS™-Publishing
    May 03, 2020 @ 13:19:49

For heaven’s sake.;-) You’re so super productive. I’m a little ashamed. But your tips are great. Think Scrivener could be used for my interests too. Thank you Sis, and have a beautiful rest of the weekend. Michael

9. ~M
    May 03, 2020 @ 12:13:33

Scrivener is great! I’ve been using it for 5 years now. It’s very helpful when putting a book together. Keeps everything organized. 😉

10. Darlene
    May 03, 2020 @ 10:36:16

Where do you find all these great quotes? This one is perfect. Yes, we do have more time and I´m taking advantage by reading more. You are certainly using your time wisely!! Have a great Sunday!

11. Mrs ESTJ
    May 03, 2020 @ 10:32:56

Thanks!

12. Mrs ESTJ
    May 03, 2020 @ 10:07:47

Which writing course did you sign up to?

13. April Munday
    May 03, 2020 @ 10:01:28

I’m also getting to grips with Scrivener. When all of this started and I couldn’t write, I decided that I could learn a little bit about Scrivener each day. It hasn’t quite worked out like that, but I’m setting up a project from scratch and going through tutorials. There’s a lot to learn, so I’m taking it slowly. My other lockdown project is improving my Italian, which is fun.